Light-O-Rama Forums

Differences between 16D 16PC ??

meanmudder

Besides a few amps and not being able to stand alone is there any other difference ?
I've got three CTB-16D's now ,planning on 2 or 3 more for next year but if there is no difference besides what I mentioned I might as well get the PC's and save some money.
The most I would need to run on one channel is about 60 feet of rope light. and also going to try animating all units together with music
Thanks for any help in advance

Jeff Millard wrote:

IMHO, save the money and buy CTB16-PC boards. It's all I'll get in the future...

My .5 cents (after 75% off)

Jeff

Hmmm... you have me rethinking my future purchases now... Seems like a very decent amount of savings going with the PC product line. As long as you don't loose functionality I don't see why I should go with the non-PC equipment. (I'll be lucky to push 30A on my controllers let alone 40A with any of my current designs)

Again, thanks a lot for the information Jeff M. cheers.gif

Jeff, I noticed you used every color except white for neutral. Was that by design or just the way it turned out?

Jeff,

Excellent Idea, I read the post on the molex conectors... bet it saves a ton of money on extension cords.

I also like the alarm Idea. I have been thinking alot about this this year (someone stole some of my neighbors stuff, they didn't touch mine though). I am also planning on moving my controllers inside, either in the basement of the house or the shed for the same reason.

greg