Light-O-Rama Forums

Bummed out

aesl1982

Well I'm a little bummed now. Had to order to high speed 485 jacks to run three networks I guess paid for overnight sir hopefully they get here quickly so I can start. I split the show into two networks already. Net one has 412 channels one ccp device. A mega tree driveway arches and house elements. Have lag in my mega tree and pixels. Then network two is running 500k with 16x50 pixel tree and 4 singing faces. Major lag on the faces. I can see why net two could lag. But net one lagging is kinda weird. It's not a lot of channels I didn't think for one network. So I guess it's just too much data through the line. So I'm gonna put 160 ac channels on net one. 4 ccp devices (half the poxel tree) on net 2. And net three 5 ccp devices (4 for other half of tree, 1 for the 4x25 arches) and the the 4 signing trees. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Any suggestions on a better way to split the networks. Now gotta trash the g3mp3 and figure out how to run from a computer and get three comm ports assigned

Getting 3 networks assigned is not hard. That's what I have - two year round and a third for Christmas only plus E1.31 year round.

If you have trouble, PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call.

• Like 1

I'm running 3 485 high speed at 500k. I have lag this year as well, yesterday the first thing I did was update all the firmware and I seen a noticeable difference, today I moved 6 of my CCR's to a 3rd network but unfortunately it didn't get rid of the one spot where lag was present plus one of my CMB24D's is acting up, that's for tomorrow to fix but on the bright side the sequence seems to be moving a little bit quicker now and that means a little closer to perfection!

FYI here's what I was running before I split the CCR's again...

Network regular: 1-4,11, 14-21 27-29, 2A, 2F, 1602's

5-0A CCR's

31 CMB24D

30 CCP's

Aux 1 network  0B-10 CCR's

12,1E,1F, CMB24D's

13, CCP's

Now, same as above except aux B has 6 ccr's from aux A plus 2 more 1602's if this helps...

Edited by oilmoney

My reg network will be at 56k due to old controllers. Then aux a will have 4 ccp controllers plus the 2 controllers for singing faces. And aux b will have 5 ccp controllers. Aux a and b will be at 500k hope it fixes it

It should, I can't see 800ch bogging things down but I don't know that much yet!
right now 1 have one ccp controller and 7 regular controllers and its bogging down in that network also.

Well it was on the G3-MP3 director. I copied to the sd card split the two networks and lag lag lag lol. I sent a help ticket in was told that I was prolly pushing too much data through the lines

Thats crazy, defragment your computer,update your firmware, and check your cords!
i know a couple of my cat 5 cables

Aren't from LOR. Does it matter. I bought a couple from Home Depot. They are cat 5e bootless cables. Is there a special kind I should be looking for

My reg network will be at 56k due to old controllers. Then aux a will have 4 ccp controllers plus the 2 controllers for singing faces. And aux b will have 5 ccp controllers. Aux a and b will be at 500k hope it fixes it

I have 5 old controllers, and was able to bump the speed up to 115k;

try it,  save the Network Configuration seperately  (export one name as say 56k, the other as 115k)

i know a couple of my cat 5 cables Aren't from LOR. Does it matter. I bought a couple from Home Depot. They are cat 5e bootless cables. Is there a special kind I should be looking for

no; mine are cheap ones from Monoprice; i leave them outside to and they work just fine

I have a mix of gen one gen two and then two gen 3 controllers. I wanted to update firmware on the gen 1 and gen 2 controllers but don't know how high to update them to

I have a mix of gen one gen two and then two gen 3 controllers. I wanted to update firmware on the gen 1 and gen 2 controllers but don't know how high to update them to

You download the updated firmware from the LOR site for your controller{s}, then you use the Hardware Utility to load the new firmware into the controller{s}, MP3 directors, etc.

It's actually a very easy and quick process.