Light-O-Rama Forums

Profile Pic

colelini00

Anyone else having trouble changing from the default avatar picture to one of their choice? Have tried several workarounds and it just get stuck cropping the picture. I would love to have a picture of something else lol. 

Try using a different browser.  There has been a history of issues on the forum with different browsers behaving differently.  Particularly noted for causing issues is Internet Explorer (but it's not the only one).

It's been years since I put my 3 flags photo there.  I was starting to type this message from my phone from a commuter train where I could not really look to see what needs to be done, however there is no one sitting opposite me at a table seat so now on the laptop.

Sure enough I could not change it either using FireFox for Windows.  I could browse for a photo and select a new photo, but there did not appear to be any way to tell the forum to do anything with it.

Anyone else having trouble changing from the default avatar picture to one of their choice? Have tried several workarounds and it just get stuck cropping the picture. I would love to have a picture of something else lol. 

Ha, glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble....Thought I was just being dumb. LOL​ I've tried multiple profile pics and it just kicks back to browse.

Scott​

I tried IE and Chrome, no go. Uploaded the pic to photobucket and the linked the URL, Viola!

Temperamental little goose it is... I was growling at the computer screen for a couple hours last night, re-sizing/different images and so on.  Good luck, hope this helps.

Photobucket recognizes the url but it says that the file has to be under 50kb even though I know I compressed the photo to under 40kb. Doesn't seem to want to cooperate. 

I had to go into my photo editor program... then reduced the image to under 50k kb...then uploaded that image to photobucket. then take the URL and put it into the lower box on the profile pic editor (upload from URL ) and that worked for me. Try that.  ;)

Edited by Need more lights

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked