Light-O-Rama Forums

Version and license level mandatory

Mr. P

It would be nice if LOR made the software version and license level mandatory in the profile. So many questions could be answered especially with new lighters if we new what they were working with. We constantly have to ask for this info especially when someone has Basic and is trying to add E1.31. This info from the get go would make things so much easier.

Even if were mandatory, how would you make sure people actually update it when they change their software version?

Edited by Don

Geez Don do I have to think of everything  :)

What if on the left column where our post count and location is under our name, LOR removes "LOR Software Version" and replace it with example "4.1.2 Pro" which adds the license level. Granted it would be up to the user to update the info but at least we would have a starting point with just a glimpse at the user.

The "LOR Software Version" is a field name. Need something there to describe what it is.

Adding the license level would either need to be a new field, or someone from LOR (Bob or myself) would have to add 5 different drop-downs every time.

Cue people getting annoying at more clutter on the screen, or having to fill out more info. :)

I was just just thinking, because one of the very first questions that is always asked is "what is your license level". Having it visible would make things easier.

Yes, sounds like a good idea, but as DevMike stated, and I've got to agree with him, it would create a lot more work and additional fields, and most don't even fill in all the ones we have currently.   S I'd leave it as is, but that's entirely up to the folks at LOR.

Just my .05¢ worth.

• The topic was locked