Light-O-Rama Forums

House Lights inside flashing

rata571

I finished my showtime central starter kit setup last night and tested the system. Everything worked perfect. However when the system was playing outside it made some of my lights inside dim and when the sequence was running. Does this mean the circuit is being overloaded? I assume I need to try a new outlet but it is the only one in the garage. Any thoughts?

I think your right. Sounds like an overload. Need to find somewhere else or if possible unplug some stuff on that circuit.

If your getting into it big time I recommend getting an electrician over to give you a new dedicated circuit from the control panel. I have 7 for around the outside of house. But something as simple as one new outlet off the panel is not too pricey.

The other thing to have an electrician check on is the power coming in from the utility.  You could also be having a poor neutral issue.  This can be dangerous too, so don't ignore this.  If you need me to explain that, I can...

Thank you for the responses,  I will try a different outlet and if the problem still exists I will call an electrician.