Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding CMB24D and CCR to Existing Sequences

jrcarlton

I have a few questions ... First, I have upgraded my display and its hardware this year for Christmas. The last years I have had 3 Residential LOR controller.  This year, I have added 1 CMB24D (Dumb RGBs), one more Residential LOR, and 4 CCRs.

I am using S4 Software and SuperStar; all of the hardware is connected in the following order using cat5: 

Showtime (mDC-MP3); CMB24D (Unit ID 01), LOR 1 (Unit ID 02), LOR 2 (Unit ID 03), LOR 3 (Unit ID 04), LOR 4 (Unit ID 05), CCR 1 (Unit 06), CCR 2 (Unit 07), CCR 3 (Unit 08), CCR 4 (Unit 09).

Everything seems to be working, except the CMB24D.  My assumption is this is happening because my sequences are set for only the original standard LOR and I need to add the CMB24D into the sequences.  Here's my challenge, when I try to add controllers, I haven't a clue what to select from the pull down menues in the Sequence Editor software - Channel Configuration - Add Controller to add the new controllers.  The LOR Residential Controllers are pretty obvious, but what about the others? 

Are they BSOFT Digital Cards? DMX Universe?

I am assuming that if I add the controllers, I can change my sequences to to use them. In regards to my sequences, I am using Ready Made Sequences (the editable kind) and I have figured out how to add more standard controllers and actions ... I just have to get the CMB24D and CCRs in there.

Thanks in advance,

JC

At the bottom of the channel list, right click and select "Add Device", select the device type of LOR, then the ID number and etc.

• Like 1

Once you get the new hardware setup the way you wish it in the channel list, make sure you go to the Edit pulldown, then export the hardware setup to a file that you can use to import to other sequences.