Light-O-Rama Forums

2 songs playing horrible

ebrown1972

I have 2 songs that sound horrible when I play my sequence. I was testing my lights tonight and all the rest sound great except for run run rudolph by luke bryan and frosty by jimmy durante. I used audacity and made changes to them with no success. I made sure I selected constant bitrate at 128. Here's the thing though. They only sound horrible through my fm transmitter. They sound great on my computer when playing the sequence. All of my other songs sound great through the transmitter though. I even went to amazon where I purchased both of the songs and played them on my computer through the fm transmitter and they sounded horrible. Its only those 2 songs though and no other songs. I purchase all my songs from amazon.They sound bad enough that I will not be using them in my display if I cannot figure it out which sucks since I purchased both of the 12 ccr sequences through holidaysequences. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks. I am at a loss on this one.

Could be at too high a volume level, over driving the FM. Try turning down the volume slider and see if they sound better. If so then reduce the level of both songs in Audacity.

They were both downloaded as mp3's. I actually did try turning the volume down but did not seem to help. I will work more on it tomorrow. It is weird that they sound great on my computer while playing the sequence but horrible on the fm transmitter. Maybe some fine tuning on the volume will help. Thanks

Either too much sound level or in some cases, too little, will cause distortion. Audacity has a lot of tools within that will help.

I have been playing with audacity and I got frosty to play perfectly by adjusting the left right setting some in audacity. Now I am working on run run rudolph. I do have it playing better but not there just yet. I am confident I will get it. I must Lol.

Had that happen a few times, most often I had to re-download the song {MP3}, sometimes had to re-download it 4 or 5 times before I got a "clean" version with no distortion.    Seems sometimes something happens during the download process that may corrupt the file internally, although it may be corrupted, you don't know it until you play it and it sounds erratic, staticy, or may skip part of the words or notes in a song.

Sometimes you can correct it with a music editor, sometimes you can't and it will still sound bad.   If it still sounds bad, try re-downloading.    Personally, I've found ripping songs from CD's much more practical and clean than buying and downloading on line, albeit, more expensive having to purchase an entire CD for ONE song, but quite often I end up using those additional songs from the CD in my OFF HOURS playlist, and sometimes they also make their way into a show.

Just depends on whether or not you want to spend the extra fund$ on a full CD or go the cheap route by downloading a single song for .99¢ or so.   I do use BOTH myself, but usually only when an actual full CD is not available in a music store or department stores' music section.    And I've also been lucky enough to pick up full Christmas and Halloween music/sound effects D's for less than $2.00 at the local retail stores!

Well, after messing with this for several hours today I think I figured the problem out which was very simple. I noticed in audacity if I put the slider either on the left or the right channel the music would play correctly but of course it would only play on one channel. Being the super smart person I am (NOT) I figured that maybe the speakers on my laptop somehow became unbalanced. I use a windows 7 laptop. I got into the settings and sure enough the speakers were unbalanced. I have no idea how this happened because I never changed the settings. It was a very simple fix which makes me feel kind of stupid. Oh well, problem solved!

Thank You for telling us what you found. This way, if we hear of this again or experience it ourselves, we'll know what to advise or do.