Light-O-Rama Forums

Leave a channel always on?

jjdurrant

Ok hopefully not too dumb of a question.. Is there a way to leave a channel always on between sequences? I have floods and my tune to sign I want to leave on.. I suppose I could run them on a timer separate from controller if I have to.. thanks! 

This is called a background sequence.     Create a animation sequence (no audio) which has your sign always on.  This sequence can use the same config or a much smaller one which has just the sign.  

In the SHOW editor  select this sequence on the background tab.   It will play all the time and at the same time as the others.  LOR combines the background effects with the sequence playing to leave the sign always on. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Thanks.. looks like I will need to upgrade to use a background sequence.. I am on basic version. I assume the background sequence needs the timeline to be as long as my longest other sequences? 

Thanks.. looks like I will need to upgrade to use a background sequence.. I am on basic version. I assume the background sequence needs the timeline to be as long as my longest other sequences? 

It can be short.  There is a 'loop' feature in the animation sequence.     http://www.lightorama.com/help/what_is_a_show.htm#background

You can do it without a background Sequence. Uncheck the box in the show Editor that turns off all lights at the end of each sequence. Have your tune to channels stay on at the very end of each sequence and also be on at the start of each song sequence.

• Like 2

The timer is such an elegant, yet simple idea.

Works great and never needs to be remembered, plugged or unplugged during the season.

Altogether, a most excellent invention indeed.

Jjdurant

Another option that I use is to make a clean up sequence. It flickers and fades my sign for 10 seconds between songs then rests at 40% where all my sequences have a sign channel set at 40% on.

George, you are only an hour from me.. I would like to stop and get a tour of your setup :)

If you're still in Buffalo it's even less than that. Unless you drive real slow or take a long cut or something.

You're welcome practically any time. Between now and Thursday evening all you'll get is the "bum's rush" tour, though. After then, I can spend longer. Call. Same A/C as you, two five zero - three zero zero eight.

And if you know of any local non-profits that would like the opportunity to raise funds by vending hot chocolate to hundreds and hundreds of visitors on a Friday or Saturday evening during December there are still openings. Have them contact me.

My background sequences are only 1 minute long for my handicap walkway lights running at 40% during display time, and they stay on and never go off, even if the show sequence is over 1 minute or up to 5 minutes long.  After the show, the background sequence is changed to bring the walkway {handicap} lights back up to 100%, with some static animation sequences keeping a few lights on static, then after about an hour or so, all lights are set to go dark.

But the walkway lights are the ONLY channels in the background sequence{s} and they ARE NOT included in the show sequences.

If you're still in Buffalo it's even less than that. Unless you drive real slow or take a long cut or something.

You're welcome practically any time. Between now and Thursday evening all you'll get is the "bum's rush" tour, though. After then, I can spend longer. Call. Same A/C as you, two five zero - three zero zero eight.

And if you know of any local non-profits that would like the opportunity to raise funds by vending hot chocolate to hundreds and hundreds of visitors on a Friday or Saturday evening during December there are still openings. Have them contact me.

I am actually in Lino Lakes. PM me your number and email and I will try and swing out sometime soon. PS.. you selling anything? ;)

It can be short.  There is a 'loop' feature in the animation sequence.     http://www.lightorama.com/help/what_is_a_show.htm#background

One thing to note is that a sequence in the Background section of the show automatically loops at its end.  If that's all you want to happen, there is no need to manually add a loop to the sequence.

You can do it without a background Sequence. Uncheck the box in the show Editor that turns off all lights at the end of each sequence. Have your tune to channels stay on at the very end of each sequence and also be on at the start of each song sequence.

Doesn't that option also required a license greater than 'Basic'?

Only reason I don't like timers is because if you have ten controllers on 5 outlets you need 5 or ten controllers. And I can't ever get them to sync up just right

Only reason I don't like timers is because if you have ten controllers on 5 outlets you need 5 or ten controllers. And I can't ever get them to sync up just right

That my concern.. luckily I only have one controller and a few items to run on timer :) 

I use to just select row (or channel that the sign was on ) & click on. I did that to all the songs I did. This year I don't need a sign because I am non-musical this year.  I do the same thing for my Ferris Wheel & Carousel , & Blowmoulds.

Edited by lightzilla

Why would you want to put your controllers on timers? They work better when you leave the power on 24x7.