Light-O-Rama Forums

Ptaus - AlphaPix16

ptauss

Thanks very much for your help.

I managed to connect to the controller, it's necessary to have the same first 3 figures of the IP address, on the computer and on the controller.

Example: IP PC = 192.168.1.xxx, IP controller, put also 192.168.1.xxx, but the xxx, put a figure different and not already used by another device connected on the same network.

My new problem is that I have strings which don't ignite !?!?!

I disconnected every string, and I tested each string of 50 nodes with the built-in test function on the controller.

The controller is setup to a max. of pixels = 170 pixels.

I tested every defective string of 50 nodes on several ports of the controller.

With certain strings, the 1st node ignited with the first connecting, then in connecting a second time, nothing more.
With other strings, one twenty of nodes ignited of different colors, then, with the second connecting, nothing more.
And other strings, any node ignited.

How I may check effectively these strings ?
Is it possible to connect in the middle of the string of 50 nodes ?

Thanks for your help
  • Like 1

I resolved my problem of the strings, I didn't connect them on the good side.

It's necessary to test them before installing them, to connect the good side directly !

But now, I have another problem, it's impossible for me to configure correctly the controller with Light-O-Rama software.

I have as controller the AlphaPix 16 V2 from HolidayCoro.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for your help

If you go to the HC product page there is a video which shows how to properly configure the card to LOR.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/AlphaPix-16-Pixel-Controller-V2-p/721-v2.htm

Yes, I have see these videos, but they don't how explain to configure the controller with Light-O-Rama SuperStar Sequencer software.

Because I would like to run the sequences of Brian Bruderer (Super Star Light), to my configuration (AlphaPix 16 V2.0 with 4x50 pixels for the globe + 12x100 pixels for the tree).

The sequences were modified according to the explanations of Brian, but nothing, no led ignites.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks for your help

You don't configure to SuperStar. SuperStar is only a sequencer and you have to export to SE to play it. So the Alphapix has nothing to do with SuperStar.

You don't configure to SuperStar. SuperStar is only a sequencer and you have to export to SE to play it. So the Alphapix has nothing to do with SuperStar.

Ok, then why that doesn't work, I nevertheless made as on the video !?!

You can guide me correctly, because my english isn't really good, I owed certainly missed something in the video ?

Thanks

SuperStar is a sequencer you have to export the sequence to SE to create an .lms file to play it in LOR. The video shows you how to setup the Alphapix to work in LOR, SuperStar is not LOR.

I managed to configure the sequences MegaTree with the LOR SS, thanks to Mr Brian, which I greet well.

But I remain blocked with the ethernet connection of the PC to the controller, when I launch the sequence since LOR, no data goes to the controller.

Nevertheless, with the DOS command "ping 192.168.0.50", the connection works very well, I have no error.

I deactivated the WiFi port, I also deactivated the firewall and the antivirus.

I put you my configuration, and tell me what I'm doing of fault

LOR%20Network%20Configuration.png

LOR%20DMX%20Network%20Configuration.png

DMX%20Universe%201.png

PixCon16%20Pixel%20Port%20Setup.png

Thanks for your help

There is a button to the left of the network preferences window that says "Find/configure Pixcon16"

I have never used it because I don't have a Pixcon16 but it should help configure your Pixcon 16.