Light-O-Rama Forums

1st Year set up complete

HVACR

Last Saturday me and my two guys set up my three houses. Took us 9 hours. The first show is around 8500 leds between the three. I have done testing. All works except one light on the west house. The light works, pulled it down yesterday to the shop and tested it. Then tested the cords. Possible faulty channel in the controller? It is a new controller bought it in the spring sale. Wife and daughter are impressed. There aren't any other LOR shows in my town. This should get me in the local paper. I would like to thank this forum for all of the information and advise. I wouldn't have been able to get this far without you. I am thinking of next years show. Is that bad?

HVACR

Once you get all that publicity, you may start rethinking about all the exposure.   Far too many displays have gone "dark" over the last few years because of the traffic snarls, neighbor complaints and HOA's getting involved, shutting down displays because of their "popularity".

This is why my display IS NOT advertised{I did the first and second year}, never has been since, if folks happen on it and see it, fine, if not, no big deal either.   I'd rather keep the peace with my neighbors as opposed to having my display shut down and go dark {or back to static} because of traffic and rude visitors to the display, and we all get them too.

Just remember that ONE Bad Apple WILL spoil it for the rest.   So be very careful what you wish for, you may get more than you're bargaining for!

Use the HWU to test the one channel. As for traffic and so on, last year was my 3rd year and it got posted on FB and next thing I knew, there was traffic backed up big time and lots of people out there. Most all came to see the two Frozen songs which I had to bump up the play count on them to every 3rd song, just to get the traffic to move. So far, the HOA/POA is happy with me. 

I own the three houses the lights are on. My tenants like the idea of christmas lights. I haven't advertised anything. I am on main street. get a lot of traffic daily. Going to run the show from 5:00pm-11:00pm daily except if the power goes out then I will run it 24 hours a day until it comes back on.

Use the "HWU"? Please explain what this is and how to use it.

Thanks

HVACR

HWU is the LOR Hardware Utility program with your software.  You can test the channels on your controller to see if they are responding and functioning.

Yes, HWU is the hardware utility. Do not try to run a show or the sequencer at the same time as the HWU. Only one may have access to the comm port. In the HWU, specify the comm port you are using or let it scan for it. The select the controller refresh and it should find all of the controllers on the comm buss. From there, pick the specific controller, turn off all channels for it and then turn on the one you are testing. Its pretty simple

I own the three houses the lights are on. My tenants like the idea of christmas lights. I haven't advertised anything. I am on main street. get a lot of traffic daily. Going to run the show from 5:00pm-11:00pm daily except if the power goes out then I will run it 24 hours a day until it comes back on.

Thanks

HVACR

Why and how would you run your display if the power goes out?

Thanks

HVACR

Why and how would you run your display if the power goes out?