Light-O-Rama Forums

Major lag even with cbr

aesl1982

So my set up is regular network 160 ac channels. (Mega tree, driveway arches, singing faces, and misc house stuff) aux A is 9 ccp controllers. ( a 16 ribbon tree is 8 controllers and one is for the arches). I'm testing my faces and it is bogging down and lagging at first I had one ccp on reg network with the regular channels. So I moved the ccp to aux a with the other oixels but the regular network is still bogging down with just 160 channels. I did make sure it was cbr audio also any suggestions.

Have you tried changing the baud rate?    Sometimes you have to use a lower rate if the higher baud rate{speed} lags.

The lag is caused by the PC trying to send too much data through the network than what the network can handle. OR it could be related to a faulty cat5 cable. It has nothing to do with the audio file.

Are you using a high speed USB485 for your CCP network? If no, that's the first thing you need to do. If that doesn't cure the problem, check ALL your cat5 cables with a tester.

The lag is caused by the PC trying to send too much data through the network than what the network can handle. OR it could be related to a faulty cat5 cable. It has nothing to do with the audio file.Are you using a high speed USB485 for your CCP network? If no, that's the first thing you need to do. If that doesn't cure the problem, check ALL your cat5 cables with a tester.
c I don't have a high speed USB adapter because i use the G3-MP3. However the cat 5 makes since. Because it seems it's on my faces mainly so far. And the two controllers are daisy chained with a Home Depot cat5 cable. The mega tree seems to work fine. How do u suggest testing the cables George

The lag is caused by the PC trying to send too much data through the network than what the network can handle. OR it could be related to a faulty cat5 cable. It has nothing to do with the audio file.Are you using a high speed USB485 for your CCP network? If no, that's the first thing you need to do. If that doesn't cure the problem, check ALL your cat5 cables with a tester.
. Also it's hard to understand how 160 channels can be pushing too much through the regular network.

As soon as you mention G3-MP3 my advice ends because I don't know anything at all about them.

The only way I know to test a cat5 cable is with a cable tester. You can probably find them in stores. Shouldn't be more than 12 bucks or so.

Edited by George Simmons

As soon as you mention G3-MP3 my advice ends because I don't know anything at all about them.The only way I know to test a cat5 cable is with a cable tester. You can probably find them in stores. Shouldn't be more than 12 bucks or so.
ok I'll go check it out and get one