Light-O-Rama Forums

Hw utility

ericm

In hardware utility when I hook up all 12 controllers it says 10 and 11 are unknown, however when I hook directly to those controllers it is just find and labels accordingly. Also it still turns the lights in and off when all are connected so anyone know the fix? Oh they are brand new res controllers.

Sometimes the HU is a little weird. I've seen this happen for years. Close the HU, re-open it, press the refresh button and it might very well find all of them. I'm sure someone knows the answer but if everything is working right in the yard I sure wouldn't waste more than a few seconds worrying about it.

I've seen this too and usually its a comm failure such as a bad contact in at least one of the RJ45 contacts somewhere along the daisy-chain. As a suggestion, shut down power to them and get out a q-tip and alcohol, clean the contacts carefully and try again. While doing this with a flashlight and possibly a magnifying glass, look to make sure all fingers/contacts of these connectors, all are retracted out to their normal positions. If you see one stuck in, carefully pull it back up using very small tweezers. Do not damage it.