Light-O-Rama Forums

A Strong Round of Storms Brewing with...

Santas Helper

Rain, hail, strong winds and tornadoes.

We've all seen severe storms but not typical for November, for our area anyway.

My main concern is a squall line with straight line winds they are forecasting. Tornadoes can be hit/miss. But straight line winds effect a large area.

And of course with the ground being wet all day and tonight, that makes it tough for items staked down or anchored in the ground.

Here is a blurb from the NWS

AFTER 10 PM THIS EVENING...MOST...IF NOT ALL DISCRETE STORMS...ARE
EXPECTED TO CONGEAL INTO A SQUALL LINE...POSSIBLY A QLCS...ONCE
THE PACIFIC COLD FRONT CATCHES UP TO THE DRYLINE. THIS LINE COULD
PRODUCE FAIRLY WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS. SOME GUSTS MAY EXCEED 70
MPH.

QLCS = Quasi-Linear Convective System. Another name for "Squall line tornadoes".

Hope everyone and their displays survive.

Stay safe!!!

Tom

Well got the mega tree down, fixed now back up, bushes wrapped and 12/16 of icicles up. Bring it on let's see what happens. I am expecting a lot of snow/ice this year.

Papa

Been dealing with high winds all week here. Got up this morning to see half my mini trees down. Hopefully it clears this weekend for all of us so we can get done.

I think we survived here in OKC. Some wind and hail but not as bad as they where saying it could have been. Thankfully.

Probably nothing compared to you, but I just got off of my 60' roof in 40mph winds.  I could crack walnuts between my butt cheeks right now.

Z

That's at the peak, once you slide down it's only 40' to the ground.  Ya, that's still bowling ball height, but I was thinking about something a little more manageable.

Z

Anyone want a fresh cracked walnut?

It finally calmed down. God thing i did not get my Megat tree set up yet. Even with out the pixels on it it was swaying. Think i will go get some rebar tomorrow and make some stakes.

Think i will go get some rebar tomorrow and make some stakes.

Rebar is a mega tree's best friend. I use them like it's hurricane season.

EF1 near my old house. About a mile as the crow flies. Not hearing of any residential damage though.

Tornado warnings went off at home, though. Both phones (wife's, mine) and the home alarm system all let us know. Needless to say the dogs were not happy to be woken up.

EF1 near my old house. About a mile as the crow flies. Not hearing of any residential damage though.

Tornado warnings went off at home, though. Both phones (wife's, mine) and the home alarm system all let us know. Needless to say the dogs were not happy to be woken up.

Glad to hear your okay Don. I hate those sirens but they are a warning sign to recon with.

My dogs hide just to thunder (sometime that's not due to lightning either). :)

I had some bad winds here in the UK yesterday. No damage apart from a ground wire to my pixels causing random flashing all night at the end of my icicles. I am sure that the winds here were a gentle breeze compared to what you get. You have so much wind you even have tornado sirens!

• The topic was locked