Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 problems

shane

Hi, it's been very frustrating. I ran 1 e682 last year with no problems. I use lor to run it. This year I added 3 more e682 controllers. When I do the override to force the ip address it pulls up the page to do test and set up like it's supposed to. When I put in a permanent ip address 192.168.1.20x and hit the update system info and restart, it doesn't accept it. In fact, the test mode stays on 4 for some reason. I can't even test the lights. I hooked up my controller that worked last year and it ran great off lor. I have spent9 days trying to get corrected. Really considering taking all lights back down and cancelling the show. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not getting a clear picture of the issue, so let me paraphrase.   You have previous successful experience with one E682 last year, but now, while adding 3 more, you have a problem communicating with all 4?  

Just hitting some basics here:  

1. You've changed the default IP addresses on each controller so that they are unique, and you can connect to each of the 4 controllers individually through your web browser using the their unique IP addresses?    

2. Connecting to each controller, while disconnecting all the other controllers, can you still communicate with each controller using their unique address?

Edited by Bizywk

To repeat my other post. Each controller must have a unique IP address. Which was mentioned above.

Edited by Ebuechner

I think your best best would be to contact Jim at San Devices.

Are you trying to do this through a router or switch or direct to your computers network port? They need to be assigned 1 at a time, past experience for me use the network port not a router or switch.

Also, which update button are you pressing.