Light-O-Rama Forums

An oddity I can't explain.....

jamills706

I have sequenced about 40 songs for my Christmas Show.... all work beautifully ...

BUT...

and there is always a BUT in these posts......

on 3 of the sequences one of my 5 arches (the same one in every case) simply does not light up - AT ALL. That arch works just fine in all the remaining sequences.

All of the songs were sequenced using the same visualization file, so it would imply the problem lies elsewhere....but I really just don't know what to think.

For one of them I opened it in SS and copied all and pasted it into a new, blank sequence instance after first re-importing the visualization file to that instance.... it still doesn't play the one arch.

I ran the verifier on one of the sequences, too. All I got was warnings about channels that were never accessed during that song...no errors.

I am completely at a loss as to what to look at next.

Edited by jamills706

Open up a few of the channels on the offending sequences and verify that the channels / network are correct.

suggest on a copy of one of the songs that is an issue, change the controller number to some other number for that arch only, save then re-open and change back to the correct controller number and save.  see if this corrects it,

or from one of the good sequences export to a NEW configuration file,  then open the problem file and import the new configuration file.  

You can look at a setup 40 times in a row and still miss a very plane issue (well I can and have, maybe not you?).  At any rate this will  eliminate an assignment issue (even though the other work well).

It uses the Visualization File not the Configuration File in Super Star Sequencer....so I can't save the Configuration File as you suggest I don't think.

And it is the same visualization file on all of the sequences....so I don't think they could be wrong on one and not another.

But I did reimport the visualization into it and it now it works! THANKS!

So I must have had an error in the visualization file at the time I created that sequence and just didn't know it.

THANKS for the suggestions..

The one song may not hit the required frequencies to trigger the arch. Just a thought as I have had similar issues and had to make adjustments to the frequency assignments in the timing map.