Light-O-Rama Forums

Ccr tree

aesl1982

I'm doing a 16x50 ccr tree and I have my pole mounted and the star with drop down piece from Brian on as well. I know at bottom gonna do 8" spacing but what's bothering me is two things. The flat trees I see are leaned back a little bit. So any advice on how far from the pole the bottom should be. And also to get that upside down v at the top. It looks like the strands are different lengths. But my mind is telling me that the spacing at top vs bottom and it will all work it self out just start each strand in the position under the star that is needed and should all line back up in the bottom Row

I suspect leaned back vs not leaned back depends on how it's mounted.  The first two years my pixel tree leaned against the eves of my house.  Last year it was vertical with a support that was bolted to a point near the top of the tree and the other end was bolted to the eves.

As for the inverted V shape at the top.  Remember that the strings in the middle are straight up and down and the ones at the edges have quite a slope towards the center.  That means the outer ones don't go as high resulting in the inverted V shape at the top.  Take a look at my web page to get an idea what I did.  The lit part of each strip is identical in length.

http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

I suspect leaned back vs not leaned back depends on how it's mounted.  The first two years my pixel tree leaned against the eves of my house.  Last year it was vertical with a support that was bolted to a point near the top of the tree and the other end was bolted to the eves.

As for the inverted V shape at the top.  Remember that the strings in the middle are straight up and down and the ones at the edges have quite a slope towards the center.  That means the outer ones don't go as high resulting in the inverted V shape at the top.  Take a look at my web page to get an idea what I did.  The lit part of each strip is identical in length.

http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

ok awesome thanks I'll look now

Very impressive hope my turns out well also. I used a 2" rigid pole attached a 2x4 to the star and clamped that to the pole and then using the James strips for my pixels pulled tight and staked to ground