Light-O-Rama Forums

Lesson: When kids want to help

ItsMeBobO

Today my seven year old begged to help me.   I asked her to unwrap the 500 ft roll of SPT2.   I meant to take the plastic and ties off.  Now I have a big knot of wire.    

• Like 2

reminds me of when the apprentice electricians ask how do you unroll a new 100 foot snake. You tell him to find a closet, open the door, cut the ties on the snake and toss it into the closet and shut the door quick. Want to talk about a big knot.

Today my seven year old begged to help me. I asked her to unwrap the 500 ft roll of SPT2. I meant to take the plastic and ties off. Now I have a big knot of wire.

So sorry.

But the best laugh I've had today.

Sounds like she did good, (just what you asked her to do) :) you have to love that kind of help, I get it from my grandkids :D

There is a kids book series like this story.   Amelia Bedelia  I think. 

This was not as bad as you guys are thinking.   She didn't try to uncoil it.  But flipping it over to cut the wraps off, it drooped out from both the outer and inner coils making it impossible to pull smoothly.   It was a pain for a while.   But only about 20 minutes of effort and I was able to cut all 48 cords I had to build.    My daughter thinks she did a good job helping, and she did, as I never said a word to her and she left for a play date while I worked on it. 

• Like 1