Light-O-Rama Forums

Stringers

aesl1982

Messed up a c9 stringer with spt1 wire and need to move some sockets around. Is this acceptable to do. Or should I wrap the puncture holes left from the socket with electrical tape. Or just don't do it at all and redo the whole stringer

Personally, if is just puncture holes you are concerned with. I would just leave them. They'll probably self heal a bit over time anyway.

Personally, if is just puncture holes you are concerned with. I would just leave them. They'll probably self heal a bit over time anyway.

Very bad idea!

Someone picks up that cord and coblammy - hope the gfci trips before it messes up their hair.

• Like 1

Why I went ahead and just made a new stringer took me all of 20 mins lol. I was more worried about the elements from weather getting into the punctures and shorting it all out

There's a product you can get from Lowes for sure, probably Home Depot, called "Liquid Tape". Its a brush on insulation which would work nicely for this.

• Like 1

... I went ahead and just made a new stringer took me all of 20 mins lol....

Don't worry Eric, you'll get faster.....

Just a friendly reminder when making your own extension cords, vampires are the way to go... Sure - BUT... When making light stringers - think about the fusing... Don't want to just rely on the LOR fuse in your controller if something goes wild. Like if you re-use that cord next year and forgot to put the goop in David mentioned above....I'd rather the BANG from it being up against my Mega Arch frame be on that one channel and not the entire controller.. I try real hard to keep the magic smoke inside the controllers at all costs... I have purchased these fused vampires for when I'm making light stringers. Just as fast and almost as cheap.

http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1-spt-2-fused-male-vampire-zip-cord-plugs-white-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/

• Like 1

My mistake, sorry

... I went ahead and just made a new stringer took me all of 20 mins lol....Don't worry Eric, you'll get faster.....Just a friendly reminder when making your own extension cords, vampires are the way to go... Sure - BUT... When making light stringers - think about the fusing... Don't want to just rely on the LOR fuse in your controller if something goes wild. Like if you re-use that cord next year and forgot to put the goop in David mentioned above....I'd rather the BANG from it being up against my Mega Arch frame be on that one channel and not the entire controller.. I try real hard to keep the magic smoke inside the controllers at all costs... I have purchased these fused vampires for when I'm making light stringers. Just as fast and almost as cheap.http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1-spt-2-fused-male-vampire-zip-cord-plugs-white-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/
it was for my Holdman star I didn't gave enough spacing between lights going from one ray of light to the other

Don't worry Eric, you'll get faster.....

Just a friendly reminder when making your own extension cords, vampires are the way to go... Sure - BUT... When making light stringers - think about the fusing... Don't want to just rely on the LOR fuse in your controller if something goes wild. Like if you re-use that cord next year and forgot to put the goop in David mentioned above....I'd rather the BANG from it being up against my Mega Arch frame be on that one channel and not the entire controller.. I try real hard to keep the magic smoke inside the controllers at all costs... I have purchased these fused vampires for when I'm making light stringers. Just as fast and almost as cheap.

http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1-spt-2-fused-male-vampire-zip-cord-plugs-white-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/

Never thought of using fused VP pluges, The only items I have is the three channels on my star, but I don't want to fudge up my controler. Thanks for saving me some posible headaches in the furture.

Gary N