Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy 3ft-4ft white trees?

seriouslylosingit

I know there are many online manufacturers that carry these types of trees, but any suggestions would be appreciated.  I live in an area that gets terribly cold and can be extremely windy, so I need something that will stand up in those types of conditions.  Also, something that has a stable base.

Thanks for your help

R

I feel your pain brother, last winter my weather station documented gusts of 100+ mph winds on 6 separate occasions.  Mother nature is brutal to us mid-westerners. I built my own 4' tall trees out of PVC that I will anchor down with 24" pieces of 1/2" rebar.

Z

I live in an area that gets terribly cold and can be extremely windy, so I need something that will stand up in those types of conditions.  Also, something that has a stable base.

Thanks for your help

R

I wouldn't worry about the base. Just guy wire them to stay up. We do that here in Oklahoma with our extreme weather. Guy it or stake it.

I feel your pain *brother*, last winter my weather station documented gusts of 100+ mph winds on 6 separate occasions. Mother nature is brutal to us mid-westerners. I built my own 4' tall trees out of PVC that I will anchor down with 24" pieces of 1/2" rebar.

Z

(Or sister).....

is it not guide wire guy

Seriously, you're going to question that???

A guy-wire, guy-line or guy-rope, also known as simply a guy, is a tensioned cable designed to add stability to a free-standing structure. They are used commonly in ship masts, radio masts, wind turbines, utility poles, fire service extension ladders used in church raises and tents.

So there you have it... GUY.

Edited by Santas Helper

Wal Mart maybe and garden stakes from the garden section at Home Depot or Lowes to hold them down..  Just a thought

I picked up three foot white trees from Menards on sale at 7.95 each. I throw away the three pieces of plastic they use as a stand then the base of the tree sits in 1 1/4 inch PVC cap( don't quote me on that size). I weld a threaded rod coupler on to the end of a piece of rebar. I drill a hole in the PVC cap and screw it down on to that piece of rebar. Once I stick that in the ground they don't budge. I live in Wisconsin so it gets cold here with plenty of snow. My trees are covered with 50 RGB dumb nodes

Hey, you don't even have to fly!!! You could drive here. Maybe stop at the Menards headquarters (in WI, I believe) and pick me up some of those 7.95 trees on the way by!!!

I will have to look into that. You lost me at weld...I can drill, cut, screw, sand, paint.... But I cannot solder and I have only stick welded and that was 25 years ago..

My stick welder Is sitting in my sisters barn. I bought a 180 amp wire feed welder for around the house. I'm always building something for somebody. I started off as a mechanic by trade. I'm sure if you check around you might find a buddy who would be able to do it for you. All I did is grind a slight bevel on the rebar stick it in there and a couple of quick welds

Here's the scoop. Menards has 3 foot white trees non lit on sale right now for 9.99. That's info for anybody who is near Menards

Here's the scoop. Menards has 3 foot white trees non lit on sale right now for 9.99. That's info for anybody who is near Menards

Thanks for the information. I just ordered 7 of them!! I have 2 stores within 5 miles of me:) I appreciate the info. Now, just to sequence the sweeping trees in my yard in the next 2 weeks.....

Here in Ontario we have a some really windy days but most of my stuff has to be lifted off the ground because of snow. What I do to support is use 1/2' emt conduit pounded into the ground and then slid a piece of pvc over it at the height of the base I want the tree to be at then stand the tree on top of it and zip tie the tree to the emt. I have not lost one yet. 

Guy wires are also boring compared to spiral trees. :D

Wow, not one straight line post jab has Master George missed.

Here in Ontario we have a some really windy days but most of my stuff has to be lifted off the ground because of snow. What I do to support is use 1/2' emt conduit pounded into the ground and then slid a piece of pvc over it at the height of the base I want the tree to be at then stand the tree on top of it and zip tie the tree to the emt. I have not lost one yet.

Any chance you have a picture of this setup? I am very visual and "sort of" understand what you are doing, but not entirely..

Thanks, and I know what you mean regarding snow.. A couple of years ago, I lost my entire snowmobile to a heavy snowfall overnight.. Had to dig it out of a giant drift....lol!

Thanks, and I know what you mean regarding snow.. A couple of years ago, I lost my entire snowmobile to a heavy snowfall overnight.. Had to dig it out of a giant drift....lol!

it's better to lose your snowmobile then the snow blower or plow truck. I built an extra garage for my plow truck. All the guys down south won't get it