Light-O-Rama Forums

Can pixels and mounting strips be cleaned?

Al Saunders

I know the title sounds strange but I am thinking of putting my 50 X 16 leg pixel string tree up against a real tree in my one neighbors yard. I am hoping my other neighbor lets me put things in his and if so I will put the pixel tree there. The real issue is if I put it up against the real tree it will only be about 2 feet off of the sidewalk in front of our houses and only 6 feet away from a 2 lane major road/highway that we live on. Google map 5206 Ritchie Hwy Brooklyn Park, MD and do street view to see what I'm talking about. The real tree is to the right if viewing my house from the front. If I put it against the real tree it will get road dust/dirt/rain and if it snows road salt. I know the pixels and all wires are waterproof but could I spray them with some kind of cleaner and hose off with water at the end of the season? If my other neighbor lets me use his yard I can put the pixel tree about 30-35 feet away from the road and behind a chain link fence.

The pixels are the square 2811 12v type running through a e682 in an enclosure from Seasonal Entertainment. The strips are from Boscoyo Studio in black.

One last thing, my viewers are in the parking lot across from me so they are at least 60 feet away.

Thanks for any input.

Later,

Al

www.saunderschristmaslights.com