Light-O-Rama Forums

I need to sell my set up

paul

I have the following lightshow that i need to sell. 3 - 16 ch controllers , 1 RBG DC controller w/ 5 ribbons and wireing , 2 ccd w/ ribbon , 4 lg (6'x5') singing faces , with all the necessary accessories ( cat 5 cords, usb controller and ext cord ) and 10 different Christmas and Halloween sond already sequence for the singing faces and other lights including a   5 RBG ribbon tree that dances with the lights. A COMEPLETE LIGHT SHOW !

I know how much i spent on it and how much time and labor i have put into it. but i have no ideal how much i should sell it for !

So if any  one is interested or have any in put on this PLEASE help.

Last year was a very bad year for my famialy and my self, we had to move out of our Lg home that had a lg property , to a much smaller house at the end of a very long and small street out side of city limits . So no more plase to put up light show any more.

Also all the controllers were bought back in 2013 and are in good working condition.

I know how the forum has all ways been a very supportive community. helping each other out , so i could use some in put.

Thanks

Paul

Hi, your 3 LOR controllers, if they are residential they could sell between $100 - $180 used If they are pro grade controllers though they could sell for $200 - $250. these prices are what I have seen others sell used hardware on here for.

As for the CCDs Im not sure about the used prices although I would guess about the same.

The 5 ribbon tree it is not clear what ribbons it uses, is it a CCR tree or are you using pixel strips with a E131 controller? And does it include the tree frame?

The other thing to think about is shipping and if you want to sell it as one whole sale or sell it off in pieces.

If you want to make the most money though you should sell your controllers on eBay because you could get away with selling them at LORs full price and make all your money back from them.

Edited by canadianchristmas

Where do you live? City / State? That might help you out a bit more. So people who live close can do local pick up and not have to worry about shipping. Especially for those singing faces. They are quite big.

Edited by BMurray

Don't give up...  My front yard is 35 feet wide.  You can ALWAYS find ways to make it work.  I think you'll regret selling everything...

• Like 1

Hi, your 3 LOR controllers, if they are residential they could sell between $100 - $180 used If they are pro grade controllers though they could sell for $200 - $250. these prices are what I have seen others sell used hardware on here for.

As for the CCDs Im not sure about the used prices although I would guess about the same.

The 5 ribbon tree it is not clear what ribbons it uses, is it a CCR tree or are you using pixel strips with a E131 controller? And does it include the tree frame?

The other thing to think about is shipping and if you want to sell it as one whole sale or sell it off in pieces.

If you want to make the most money though you should sell your controllers on eBay because you could get away with selling them at LORs full price and make all your money back from them.

Oh sorry about that , i forgot that the RBG controller , i bought that from a LOR destribitor Creative Light Display. its a CMB 16d in a weatherprof box with a fan controled DC power supply . and the ribbons are a singe RBG stip about 16 ft with a weatherprof connection . as for the tree no stand what i was refering to was the sequence to the song . Sorry for that mix up .

Where do you live? City / State? That might help you out a bit more. So people who live close can do local pick up and not have to worry about shipping. Especially for those singing faces. They are quite big.

I live in Texas out side of DFW area. thanks.

If all else fails i will do that, but i have put in a lot of hours in to building and puting it together and i would like to see it stay together so i dont feel like i had wasted all those hour for nothing. I know stupid ! LOL

Oh sorry about that , i forgot that the RBG controller , i bought that from a LOR destribitor Creative Light Display. its a CMB 16d in a weatherprof box with a fan controled DC power supply . and the ribbons are a singe RBG stip about 16 ft with a weatherprof connection . as for the tree no stand what i was refering to was the sequence to the song . Sorry for that mix up .

The 3 16 ch controllers are Residential .

I live in a manufactured home communtiy{what they call gloirified trailer parks now}, there really is no front yard to speak of, I have a 66' handicap ramp I decorate for Halloween and Christmas, the side yards are also extremely small, the only area of yard I "could" put a display on is the back yard, unfortunately NO ONE would see it since there is no vantage viewing point to that area without WALKING to the back area from the street.

I have never allowed a limitation of space to stop me from doing a display, you just have to get creative and resize your display to fit.  Believe me, IT CAN BE DONE!    Just takes time, ingenuity and persaverance to make it all look good.

I have actually had a display in an apartment complex{with management's permission after showing them what I planned} and now in my very small yard where I am living now.

Like you, I had thought about just selling it all and calling it quits because of the very limited space I have to work with.     I can't have a mega tree or anything like large PVC arches, wish i could, but I make do with that space I have and it has pleased the neighborhood children and adults alike for the past 4 years I've lived where I am now.

So don't let small spaces get you down, something can always be put in small spaces and bring just as much enjoyment as larger displays do.

You just have to reconfigure it and reprogram yourself for using those smaller areas available to you.

• 2 months later...

Paul,

Did you sell your stuff already. I am thinking getting into this sport and want to start with a complete display before I start adding on.

Did you come up with a price? I'm in Northern CA which may be a problem but at the right price I'm sure we could get creative.

Thanks/MG

The 3 16 ch controllers are Residential .

im close to dallas as well pm me so we can talk

• The topic was locked