Light-O-Rama Forums

Cmb24d rgb only?

Kevowatts

Hello all, I finally got the go ahead to get started in this adventure. I've been watching and wanting for years but now is go time. I've already downloaded the software and started playing with it. It seems simple enough. I have a plan for my display and will stick to it for this year, lol but have already started planning next year. Due to the time of year and time constraints it will be simple for now and grow from there. I'm about ready to buy equipment but have a few questions. This forum and other info has been invaluable and appreciated. I have searched the cmb24d controller and cannot seem to understand if it can only be used for rgb devices or can be used for individual light strings. Does it only control rgb or can I put 24 light strings on it? Rgb seems to be in most lor enthusiasts futures so would love to jump ahead and get controllers that could handle both. This year will not be rgb but next May be. Thank you all in advance.

You can put 24 of anything that is DC powered onto the CMB24-D.

Taking light strings that you plug into the wall and trying to connect them to the CMB24-D would be bad. Somewhere the magic smoke would get let out. 

If you have 24 strings of DC powered lights, you could put them on there. Anything that's DC powered can go there, doesn't have to be RGB only.

Thanks for your response. I'll just wait till next year to get them then.

Thanks for your response. I'll just wait till next year to get them then.