Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 Connection to my computer

ptauss

Hi,

I have a problem to connect the Pixcon16 to my computer.

My configuration:

1 Pixcon16 of LOR with 2 power supply of 350W each

24 string of 50 smart pixels RGB leds of HolidayCoro for the MegaTree (2 x 50 RGB leds per channel)

2 x 2 string of 50 smart pixels RGB leds of HolidayCoro for the Globe 14" (2 x 50 RGB leds per channel)

I have 1 USB-RS485 Adapter of LOR

I use 14 channels for the PixCon16, 12 for the MegaTree, and 2 for the Globe.

I tried to connect with the PC in Pixcon16 with the USB-RS485 adapter, and with the ethernet network, but impossible to communicate with the controller.

That has the air so easy on videos, we connect cables, we configure the controller, and it left for the show, but in reality, it isn't so easy as that !

Please, help me, what do I make of false ?

Thanks very much

@+

Edited by ptauss

Check the manual that came with the PixCon16.  It says that you need to use the NETWORK connection to configure the PixCon16, not a LOR USB adapter.  -- Even if you will run the PixCon16 in ELOR mode.

Check the manual that came with the PixCon16.  It says that you need to use the NETWORK connection to configure the PixCon16, not a LOR USB adapter.  -- Even if you will run the PixCon16 in ELOR mode.

Hi,

Sorry to my delay to answer, I have just begun a new job.

I managed to connect to the controller by network, but now, how to configure this controller ?

And how configure the card network of the PC, which address do I have to put ?

Because every time I obtain an error message 523 or 525, when I want to apply my modifications.

Thanks for your help

Tauss P.

The Pixcon 16 has so many RJ45 jacks. I understand why so many people get it wrong, and it adds confusion about plugging in the other controllers. People should just read the manual before setting up though.

• 1 month later...

During my setup of my Pixcon 16, I found that I could communicate with the board via my router but could not configure it. After SEVERAL false tries and a replacement was sent, I found that I had a faulty Cat5 cable..Once I replaced the cable, I was then able to configure the boards..both of them... Cudos to the LOR team for responding with a quick replacement and info. So FYI...make sure your Cat5 cables are good and FOLLOW THE MANUAL ! Read it and re-read it BEFORE you attempt to configure the Pixcon16.

Ok good to know I know with some other controllers it says not to hook up two power supplies to the controller and to use one for power injection down line instead. By hooking up one supply per 8 back it would allow the use of more pixels without needing injection it seems