Light-O-Rama Forums

Error loading sequence

Randall Huber

I tried opening a song in sequence editor and got this error..."An exception occurred! Type:UnexpectedEOFException, Message:The end of input was not expected

MY apologies for posting multiple.  I did because not sure where to put it.  Plus I wasn't getting any views.  Didn't realize this was that big of a deal doing a multiple post.  By the way this is only the 2nd post that got any views.  Like I said sorry that this is a problem

Hello,

In all likelihood your sequence file is corrupt.  I have two suggestions:

First, if you have a backup copy of it, you might want to try that.  I strongly suggest always being in the habit of backing up your data (not just LOR stuff), but if you haven't done that, you might still have a backup copy, because LOR makes them automatically whenever you save your sequence.  LOR makes the sequence's automatic backup in the same directory as the sequence itself, and gives it the same filename plus ".bak" on the end.  For example, if your sequence has the filename MyAwesomeSequence.lms, then LOR will name its automatic backup MyAwesomeSequence.lms.bak.  To try your backup, rename it to end in ".lms" (or ".las" if it's an animation sequence).  For example, perhaps rename "MyAwesomeSequence.lms.bak" to "MyAwesomeSequence-RecoveredBackup.lms".  After that, you should be able to open it up in LOR.

Second, it's possible that I might be able to recover data from your corrupt sequence file.  I cannot promise that I will be able to, and even if I can recover some, I cannot promise that I will be able to recover it all.  But I might be able to.  So if the "backup" stuff I mentioned above doesn't work, then please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email containing the following:

(1) Your username on this forum.

(2) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/37786-error-loading-sequence/#entry348598

(3) A copy of the corrupt sequence file.

Thanks.

MY apologies for posting multiple.  I did because not sure where to put it.  Plus I wasn't getting any views.  Didn't realize this was that big of a deal doing a multiple post.  By the way this is only the 2nd post that got any views.  Like I said sorry that this is a problem

This time of year responses are slower. See the link at the top of every web page here on the forum.

Multiple threads make it very difficult to assist. People may end up giving you conflicting information because of something that was (or wasn't) said in that particular thread. It's equivalent to asking 4 different people a question at the same time, but only you can hear their answers. Those answering can not hear each other.

In additon to what LORAdmin said, just a little note about "I wasn't getting any views": I don't think the view counts update in real time.  When I post a release announcement in the "Important Announcements" forum, I often happen to notice that like an hour later (or so it seems), it claims there have been "0 views".  Then an hour after that, all of a sudden BAM 462 views.  I really doubt that no one viewed it the first hour and 462 people viewed it the second hour; it seems more likely that the count it shows simply isn't up-to-date at any given moment.

So, I would suggest just not worrying about the view count.  People will see your post.