Light-O-Rama Forums

Assigning sequences to props - how do you approach it?

Donl1150

I have only done one small display - that was 2 years ago.  We have now moved into a new house and I want to give it a try again this year.  Still unpacking but starting to think about the layout.  My previous show consisted of about 8 songs - most were of the purchased variety.  It turned out OK but I know it could have been better.  I don’t have the same props available this year so it will be totally different.  I only have mini incandescents and rope light available - no CCR’s or other fancy things yet.

I am still confused on how you assign the channels to to the props.  i know the general rule of groups of 4 but is there something more than that that I should/could do?  It seems to me you could have perfectly sequenced music and depending on how you apply the channels, the same  exact display could look either fantastic or lousy.

Most of the videos I have found deal with the intricacies of sequencing or the building of display props.  Is use of the Visualizer coupled with experience the only way to go about it?  Any guidance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Don

First of all, can you please make your font a bit bigger so us old folks can read it please.   Channels are assigned in the  "tools , channel configuration" at the top of the toolbar, other than that, my eyes are to old to read that small print.  Hope that helps.

I have only done one small display - that was 2 years ago.  We have now moved into a new house and I want to give it a try again this year.  Still unpacking but starting to think about the layout.  My previous show consisted of about 8 songs - most were of the purchased variety.  It turned out OK but I know it could have been better.  I don’t have the same props available this year so it will be totally different.  I only have mini incandescents and rope light available - no CCR’s or other fancy things yet.

I am still confused on how you assign the channels to to the props.  i know the general rule of groups of 4 but is there something more than that that I should/could do?  It seems to me you could have perfectly sequenced music and depending on how you apply the channels, the same  exact display could look either fantastic or lousy.

Most of the videos I have found deal with the intricacies of sequencing or the building of display props.  Is use of the Visualizer coupled with experience the only way to go about it?  Any guidance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Don

Sorry about the font.....didn't pay any attention to it.  :(

I could be wrong here. It would not be the first time. I do not think that you assign sequences to props. You assign channels to props. You sequence the music. For example, if you have a five channel arch and you want it to chase at a certain part of your song you start your chase in the sequence editor and chase it for a certain amount of time. Sequence the song. The props will do whatever you tell them to.