Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about tracks

randallr

I've started working with LORII... I've always grouped certain effects together in the sequence editor- such as mini-trees, deer, etc.

I've added a second track, but it appears that I have to scroll all the way down (368 channels) before I get to the second track- unless I click to hide one. Doesn't seem to have been as cool of a deal- still having to scroll all day long....

I would have hoped that each track was in it's own resizable window. That way, I could see the mega-tree and something else concurrently...

Am I missing something?

Right. But when you scroll down through track1 which has 368 channels, to track2 which has 36 channels, it jumps from track 1 to track 2.. You can't see lines from both tracks at the same time... It's one track at a time on the screen.. Probably not a proplem for normal people, but we're going to at least 600 channels for next year. It would be nice to see some events going on in track1 while working on track2... That was the neat thing about D-light- splitting the screen into 2 scrollable panes.

The way we do things now is copy a beat track or whatever we're wanting to work from into different places throughout the sequence as needed, and it works okay, just would be nice if I could see channel 1-16 while working on channel 400-432 for example.