Light-O-Rama Forums

Enhanced Network Questions

alaskastudio

With the new enhanced network lowering the overhead on the LOR Network how many CCR/CCB/CCP/RGB devices can safely be run on each network?

Before the enhanced network I maxed mine out at 4 CCP/CCB's (8 unit id's) to play it safe, but this year I have ramped up my display significantly. I know am running almost all RGB lights so each of my RGB trees uses 6 CCP/CCB controllers (12 unit id's). If I run the enhanced network at 500k I think I should still be fine with the 6 CCB/CCP devices and could I add an additional additional 4 CCR's onto the 6 CCP's (total of 16 unit id's)? I already am running 5 networks and really don't want to add additional ones.

This is what I am hoping to do with my network list (listed by controller):

Regular Network (easy linkers):

4 - CTB16PC's

2 - CMD24D's

Aux A (500k Enhanced):

6 - CCP's

4 - CCR's

Aux B (500k Enhanced):

4 - CCP's

Aux C (500k Enhanced):

6 - CCB's

1 - CMD24D

Aux D (500k Enhanced):

3 - CCP's

Aux A is the one I am most worried about as next year my CCB & CCP trees might go up by an additional 2 controllers. Just trying to make sure it will run now and be ready for next year too. I guess I could pull the 4 CCR's off of Aux A and put them on Aux D, but with how my display is setup (more than one house) that would be a royal pain to run the wire for.