Light-O-Rama Forums

My husband made me laugh...

Jaynee

This weekend my husband made me laugh.  I'm the main lights and technology person in the family - I do all the planning, and am doing all the LOR stuff.  He helps with installing the pieces, but I make them all run.

Anyway, this weekend I was working on my PVC window frames that I made a couple weeks ago, and out of the blue he said, "You know what I saw the other day?  Someone has these light up faces in their Halloween display - and it looks like their mouths move.  I wonder if they have those for Christmas displays?"

I had two thoughts:

Aw, poor thing.

Aw, he's lucky he's cute.

;)

• Like 1

I'd say.  I emailed him some pricing info on the trees AND getting two more controllers, and his response was, "We can do that next year for sure."

This weekend my husband made me laugh. I'm the main lights and technology person in the family - I do all the planning, and am doing all the LOR stuff. He helps with installing the pieces, but I make them all run.

Anyway, this weekend I was working on my PVC window frames that I made a couple weeks ago, and out of the blue he said, "You know what I saw the other day? Someone has these light up faces in their Halloween display - and it looks like their mouths move. I wonder if they have those for Christmas displays?"

I had two thoughts:

Aw, poor thing.

;)

"He's lucky he's cute." ???

Funny witted and you play with lights -

Heck fire darling, he's lucky he's got you.

I'd say.  I emailed him some pricing info on the trees AND getting two more controllers, and his response was, "We can do that next year for sure."

NEXT year?????????  THIS YEAR!! :P

I WISH I had the budget to do it this year!

Unfortunately, I've already spent a lot this year on stuff - to the point where he and I are not swapping gifts this year.  This year I bought the 16-channel kit that comes with the miniDirector and software, a bunch of new lights for the PVC Window frames I made, as well as other outdoor decorations.  I am OVER budget for the year.    Add in that I'm hoping to pick up some used controllers that someone was offering on here (I'm waiting to hear back from him), and my budget is SPENT and then some.

If by some miracle I'm able to get the used controllers sometime in the next month, then I can definitely do it this year because my husband said that price I quoted on the singing trees was "pretty cheap."  But most likely, it'll have to wait for 2016. 

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend my husband made me laugh.  I'm the main lights and technology person in the family - I do all the planning, and am doing all the LOR stuff.  He helps with installing the pieces, but I make them all run.

Anyway, this weekend I was working on my PVC window frames that I made a couple weeks ago, and out of the blue he said, "You know what I saw the other day?  Someone has these light up faces in their Halloween display - and it looks like their mouths move.  I wonder if they have those for Christmas displays?"

I had two thoughts:

Aw, poor thing.

;)

This made me laugh. Thanks! I'm lucky as I have a husband who is just as passionate about this stuff as I am. It makes decorating and sequences and everything else involved so much easier. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do this without him but I do know I'd try.  We just got into LOR last year and neither of us can remember who's idea it was but I'm pretty sure it stemmed from watching another LOR enthusiast who lives in our town. We blame him haha.