Light-O-Rama Forums

Record a video with sound

rudvirus

I am trying to record my light display, but when I do the sound comes in all poor and really bad. Using a Phone to record it not helping as well. How are you guys doing it.

Most of us will record our shows with a camera, import in into a computer and dub over the audio track with the actual tracks from the show. That way there is no wind, car, or other additional noise. Once all of the tracks are lined up, mute the video tracks. That way, you will only hear the original tracks from the computer.

This year, I got a GoPro camera. I will record my show several different times from several different angles, and put the main audio tracks in the show using Cyberlink PowerDirector.

I record mine in my car with my cannon Dslr camera. No need to do any editing. Just turn up the car radio.

But it would really help if you did.

Look at the views on videos with sound put over the top and I bet that they have more. Popular videos have statistics at the bottom. If you compare the average view duration you will see how much it annoys people. When wearing headphones, bad sound is much more noticeable.

It takes less than 10 minutes to drop in your video and audio track to any video editing software.

I have just been recording my display, although it is not finished yet.

I am now about to edit bits in Adobe Premier and add in the audio.

I use a good quality portable radio and take the earphone jack audio and put it into my external mic input on my camcorder. I do test recordings to get my audio level set before I start filming my show. My sony camcorder makes a file every time I start and stop it. So I do about 4-5 different angles and then copy those files to my computer, I then use adobe premier and drop each video on a track and then play my base track along with one of my other tracks and turn on both audio tracks and listen to the playback of both tracks. I usually move the second track around to get the audios synced up, when synced up I turn off the second audio track and do the same for the rest of the tracks and then edit the videos to get my end result I want using the base track audio only.

Edited by Wayne K

I use a Sony HandiCam HDR-CX550. It does alright, but I struggle also to get good quality video shooting in the dark.

Wayne

But it would really help if you did.

Look at the views on videos with sound put over the top and I bet that they have more. Popular videos have statistics at the bottom. If you compare the average view duration you will see how much it annoys people. When wearing headphones, bad sound is much more noticeable.

It takes less than 10 minutes to drop in your video and audio track to any video editing software.

I have just been recording my display, although it is not finished yet.

I am now about to edit bits in Adobe Premier and add in the audio.

I only record my videos for my Facebook page and my personal use. I am not out to get a million views. Could care less about that.

• 1 month later...