Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualization error

k6ccc

I'm trying to use a visualization file in SuperStar and getting two error messages that I can't figure out.  Here is the first one:

HexaTree7%20error.png

I have looked at the setting in the visualization, and also the xml file and can't find anything wrong.  I have compared it to HexaTree06 and HexaTree08 which both work and can't find anything strange.

Here's the second one:

Conflict.png

I can understand a channel duplication but not on this one.  The Arches are using CCPs on LOR Network AuxB controllers 21 - 26, and Planter South is 94 RGB channels using DMX universe 2 channels 1 - 282 via E1.31

Both of these issues work correctly in Visualizer when playing a sequence from SE.

What version of superstar are you running? If you download the most recent release (v4.2.6) I believe you will no longer get the errors.

I got the visualization, thank you for emailing it.

It looks like you made the visualization with a version of the visualizer that is prior to the most current release. Prior to the current release the visualizer channel wizard would assign channels that are not valid.

In this case you have 25 pixels per bundle, and when it got to bundle 07 it assigned the start of the bundle to Universe 13, channel 151. But there are only 170 pixels in a Universe. And the visualizer always starts a bundle with channel 1. So it assigned the first pixel of bundle 08 to Universe 14, channel 1. So the problem is there is no place for the last 5 pixels of bundle 07.

In superstar, when it uses up the 170 pixels in a Universe, it bumps up to the Next Universe and starts at channel 1. So in this case, it assigned the last 5 pixels of bundle 07 to Universe 14, channels 1-5.

But bundle 08 uses Universe 14 and starts with channel 1 so there ends up being overlap in channel assignments.

The above is a bit hard to follow, but since you have v4.2.8 now you can launch the visualizer and use the channel wizard on your tree again, and this time it should assign Universe 14, channel 1 to bundle 07 and it will assign the rest of the bundles properly as well.  Save the file, import to superstar again and it should work.

1) launch the visualizeryou create you tree again using the tree wi

You are right. I mixed up the threads. Send your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

I received the visualization and I did duplicate the bug. I have fixed the bug on my computer and the fix will be in the next release.

Must have been after I went to bed. I don't get that account on my phone, so I'll see it later today.

As a followup to this, over the past couple days Brian and I have sent many E-Mails back and forth, and a long phone call Wednesday evening.  The result is that he fixed it.  A test version now works perfectly. 

In the "how drive software writers crazy" mode, when Brian tested his fix on his computer it worked, but it created a different error on my computers.  Finally he realized that I was using some import parameters differently than he was.  When he tried it the way I was doing it, same problem.  He added a little code to add an error message that told what was happening and how to fix it.  I downloaded the test version and had me change the import parameter and it's now working perfectly!

Thanks for all your efforts Brian!