Light-O-Rama Forums

show doesn't work the same as in sequence editor HELP

gorichgo

For some reason my faces' eyes don't always light up in show on demand as they do in seq editor and visualizer. And it's only the eyes and it happens to most of my songs. Anyone know how to fix??? I'm planning on going live this Sat.

Make 110% sure that you are picking the same sequence. Unless there is some bug in the newer versions of software, there is no reason a sequence would play different during the show, or show on demand.

I figured it out. I can't have an animation seq with musical ones. I deleted the animation seq and now it works perfectly.

Is it not possible to put in an animation seq in between musical ones?

I'm going to take a guess here. Did you have sequences in both the Animation Tab and Musical Tab?

Just for the record, and so others can learn, you can have sequences in both tabs. What you've found out is that they run at the same time. If anyone has a display that has some elements that they just want animated you can place those animation in the animation tab.

However, *very important* make sure that you don't have the channels for the animation portion of your display configured in your musical sequences. Example: If you have 48 channels, and 16 of those are animation only, then your musical sequences would only have 32 channels defined. Why? As you found out the sequences run at the same time, so those 16 animation channels would be receiving conflicting commands.

Also, just a reminder: You can put animation in the musical tab. They wouldn't run at the same time, but would run by themselves. 

That makes sense. That's exactly what I did. I thought they wouldn't run at the same time. I wanted to run the ani seq (10 seconds) in between the mus sequences. Thanks for the help.

My show actually looks better without the animation seq :)

I'll add that in my show, I run an animation sequence to 6 side trees that just fade slowly on/off. However, in the SE's sequence for the musical, I do override and command them from time to time. After some number of seconds of no commands, the animation sequence takes over to them again.