Light-O-Rama Forums

Slight Issue in 4.2.6 with Manual Clip

jamills706

I have uncovered a minor "problem" in using the Manual Clip function in the green grid.

One holds down shift and clicks on a sqaure to "pick up" the color of that swuare....but...one also holds down shift and drags the mouse/cursor across the grid to select the area for manual clipping.

After setting the clip region, if one has to go back and "pick up" a color from a grid square SS resets the manual clipping rectangle to that single pixel.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but that has been happening to me all evening as I've been working on a couple of new images.

As an aside, I have also completely wiped out my image (more than once - you'd think I'd learn!) by accidentally holding down control instead of shift when I wanted to "pick up" a color. Perhaps that could ask Y/N before filling the grid????

Well that's embarrassing. I didn't plan out that user interface very well.

The only work around is to set "auto clip" while working with the image and then set "manual clip" after you are done.

The thing with accidentally erasing the whole image, I've been worried that could happen. You are right, it should ask before it does that.

Actually, I have fixed both issues on my computer, the fixes will be in the next release.

Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com