Light-O-Rama Forums

Drones Registering

Plumber Plays with Lights

Ya know ??? we need a drivers license to be on the road... (that is to qualify that we somewhat understand the rules of the road) well kinda....

We need a license to fly a plane....  (see above).

We need a license to use watercraft... (see above)...

WAIT !!!!! they could RFID chip people, AND the stuff they own..... then we wouldn't need all those licenses....... (heaven forbid !)

Greg

Keep in mind all of these transport people... little quad copters do not

Plasma... I was being VERY sarcastic on the RFID thing....

IMO large events, BAN the use YES,   Airports, YES,   over a crowd (YES unless guards on the props). other than that, free to use as they want.

NO Licence's at all, just limitations on location use....

COP Drone to disable illegal Drones ?? ONLY over locations that are banned.... ONLY..... over locations that are banned......ONLY..... over locations that are banned......ONLY..... over locations that are banned......

Edited by a31ford

Drones over airports are not a regulation problem. They're a tech problem. A broadband transmitter can crash every drone in the airspace. Clear for takeoff!

Dopes flying over crowds is s different problem.

Making it illegal just lets you prosecute after the crash. Not sure how you solve stupid.

There was a news story awhile back about someone flying a drone over private property.  The property owner thought it was spying and looking into windows, so he shot it down with a shot gun - while it was over his property.     The owners of the drone were naturally very upset, and wanted the police to arrest him, and wanted to be reimbursed for the drone - it was an expensive one.  It is illegal for him to discharge a weapon where he lived.  I saw a follow up on it a few days ago, the police did not charge him, don't remember why.

I also saw an article in the local news paper, the local fire department uses their high pressure water to knock down drones if they are causing a problem at a fire.

Well, I can build a drone and maybe with a million dollars of tooling I could build a gun. So... whatever.

Drew

Thats an expensive gun....

Why not just go to Home depot/ Lowes/ any hardware/lumber store and dont need a lumber store if you happen to have a 2X4 laying around.. and for under 20 bucks get all you need to make at least three of four guns with, no registration paper work, no back ground checks and no rifling marks on spent rounds..

• The topic was locked