Light-O-Rama Forums

Win 10

Dcroc

Thank you for the quick response.  My XP machine dumped my IPv4 for some unknown reason, and decided to reload V6, which didn't play well with my E1.31 devices.  IPv4 just disappeared from the computer, no where to be found again.  I'm done trying to keep XP running up to par. Time to upgrade the show computer.

• 1 month later...

No issues here with Windows 10, the USB485, or LOR.  Admittedly, I did cringe when I went to launch it and during the driver install.  ;)

I recently upgraded to Win10 and have gone back to Windows 7 on my show computer. When playing a show - 15 minutes AVI file - it would crash. Always at the same spot in the video - no time to fix it this season.

The only reason I upgraded on the show computer was because of an issue with the Task Scheduler that I used to turn on the projector automatically. I hoped windows 10 would fix it - but it didnt and caused another issue. 

So - show computer is running windows 7 with LOR V3.112, no problems. I just have to remember to switch on the projector.

I upgraded my 5 year old computer from windows from 7 to 10 and have had no issues what so ever with any of the LOR components short of the listener that now is always showing up on my taskbar.  I wish it would run in the background so I don't see it all the time but that's minor so I can live with it... 

I initially had an issue where Windows 10 didn't install an OpenGL driver for the Intel graphics card in my Dell desktop. This caused the Pixel Editor to fail to run. The solution, which I found on youtube, was to download the older driver from the Intel web site.