Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Paste Issues

T17443

I upgraded to the new 60_CCR v4.1.2 version of Superstar and have started having many issues. Using the older version last year I had no issues creating sequences and then copying over into the Seauence Editor. With this version I have been getting several errors that are preventing copy/paste and will try the new beta version mentioned in an earlier post. However, even when the copy/ paste using the legacy format does work the sequences are slightly modified. They look perfect when watching the visualization in Superstar, but the version that shows up in Sequence Editor has misaligned timings (I am using paste by time). For example if I paste a white morph the red channel for a pixel will start a fraction before the blue or green which gives a red flicker. Other channel are completely missing certain pixel colors. For example again on a white morph the red and green pixel are missing so it just shows up blue. Any ideas?

In your version In the Configuration dialog box there is now a "Export Macro Channels" setting. If you have macro channels where you are pasting then make sure "Export Macro Channels" is checked. In your version it defaults to "off" and that is probably what is messing you up.

In the next release (the one that is currently in beta) I made the default for "Export macro Channels" be "on" and I moved the "Export Macro Channels" setting to the "Export to Sequence Editor" dialog box so that you can more easily see the setting at export time.

Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Devices such as CCRs, CCBs, and CCPs have 150 channels to control the 50 pixels and then at the end are 7 special channels that have special functions such as changing the resolution of the ribbon/string, or doing chase patterns. On a Cosmic Color Device row in the Sequence Editor, click on the little "+" sign to expand it. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the 7 macro channels.

When doing copy/paste, if where you are pasting to has macro channels then where you are pasting from should have macro channels. If where you are pasting to does not have macro channels then where you are pasting from should not have macro channels.

Normally, if you are using Cosmic Color Devices then the macro channels will be there and you should set superstar to export the macro channels, even though they will be "empty" they need to be there so the paste doesn't get misaligned.

If you are using DMX strings then they will not have the macro channels and you will want superstar to not export the macro channels.

The latest beta version 4.2.4 with the export macro channels box checked fixed all issues. Thanks for the help.