Light-O-Rama Forums

czh-05b

kingfish

Howdy,

I added an antenna... but I put it in the attic. the Station I have goes a quite a but further than it has to... and that makes it less conspicuous, and easier to run a wire through the ceiling than to outside. :D

Mine is in the middle of the house with the rubber Antena that came with it, and it reaches almost a mile, i cant imagine needing it to go any further.

Edited by portcity_gt

Do you really need an ext ant? If you are transmitting more than a block with a solid signal. Then your transmitting way to far. Dont say someone didnt warn you if the G-man comes a knocking from FCC.

okey i thought i had a czh where it is a cze when i first got it it was decent and broadcast adaquite distance. every day now in a week i loose distance and today it is not working at alll. piece of crap so i guess i need a new one need new one

looking on ebay for new transmitter and i see ones listed as czh but if you look at pic it says cze anybody have any sugestions on which buyer to use

i thought i bought a czh but it is a cze looking on ebay i see ones listed as czh but looking closer it is a cze whats the difference. also since my cze is failing anyone bought one recently and what vendor did you use

i thought i bought a czh but it is a cze looking on ebay i see ones listed as czh but looking closer it is a cze whats the difference. also since my cze is failing anyone bought one recently and what vendor did you use

On recommendations from this forum, I replaced mine this year. Only been using it a week, so can't really endorse it myself just yet. Paid $85 this summer. 30-day no hassle return, 1-year on power supply, figured --- go for it...

http://www.amazon.com/0-5-Fail-Safe-Long-Range-Transmitter/dp/B003FO4UHW

This is what im using....bought it last year on amazon for $6x with two day shipping, still works fine this year.

20141126_185426_zpsx1edzttf.jpg

Amazon for purchase. Paid $50 for transmitter with rubber antenna.

I don't trust eBay personally.

My czh is over 3 years and still working fine.

• 5 weeks later...

I just got CZH05B in today's mail and have tested it.  I got it on Amazon for $96 and free shipping via Prime.  Fortunately I had received a $100 gift card earlier this year, and so I technically didn't spend a dime for it!

Have tested it in the house and in the car - it sounds GREAT.  My husband is on his way home from work now (late night for him) and I asked him to turn the radio to 87.9 when he gets to the front of the neighborhood and take note of when he begins to hear Xmas music.  I've got it set on Low so I'm hoping he doesn't hear it until he is 3-4 houses away.

Okay, so my daughter and I just took a drive - we can hear it 1/4 a mile down the road from our house.  Basically the very front of our neighborhood.  Then it becomes spotty.  I've confirmed on radio-locator and FMfool that the station I chose is NOT being used by another station.  So I think I'll be okay.

Okay, so my daughter and I just took a drive - we can hear it 1/4 a mile down the road from our house.  Basically the very front of our neighborhood.  Then it becomes spotty.  I've confirmed on radio-locator and FMfool that the station I chose is NOT being used by another station.  So I think I'll be okay.

I would not rely on that site to tell you if a frequency is in use. They could be wrong you know.

If it were me, I'd be searching the FCC site to see if any licenses are issued for that frequency.

I would not rely on that site to tell you if a frequency is in use. They could be wrong you know.

If it were me, I'd be searching the FCC site to see if any licenses are issued for that frequency.

Good idea.  I just hopped on there and am doing a search now.  It's not the best laid out website is it?

I did turn to my chosen frequency on the way home and actually heard someone broadcasting Howard Stern's radio show.  It was clearly pirated as the language was not censored out.  But at 6 p.m. that station went silent and Howard's show was cut off mid-sentence.  I've been broadcasting my Xmas music since 7 p.m. and asking friends in the neighborhood and around town to turn to the station and tell me what they hear.

Someone two miles away only heard static.  A friend heading towards the back of the neighborhood (about 1/4 mile back) heard it loud and clear.

Okay, I did a geosearch at the FCC website, which says that there are no stations within 10 miles of my house broadcasting on my chosen station, so I should be good!