Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with arches

aesl1982

I'm doing 4 driveway arches my driveway is 18' wide and I want arches 9' tall at tallest point. Anyone have a calculator on how much pvc I'll need and how long my sleeves should be for 7 channels. I'm using 3/4" pvc and 1" sleeves

120 ft needed = 30 ft per arch

51" per sleeve.

I question 3/4" PVC supporting that much weight,

especially if you have ice storms.

Good luck.

Wow thanks so much man. I don't have ice storms just Texas lol ci was gonna support them by connecting them all together in the middle with "tees"

120 ft needed = 30 ft per arch

51" per sleeve.

I question 3/4" PVC supporting that much weight,

especially if you have ice storms.

Good luck.

i changed my mind and Home Depot and went with 1" with 1-1/2" sleeves. Next promblem is my mega tree is a 2" pole. Needa find a 2-1/4" sleeve to bury in the groin for it

i changed my mind and Home Depot and went with 1" with 1-1/2" sleeves. Next promblem is my mega tree is a 2" pole. Needa find a 2-1/4" sleeve to bury in the groin for it

That will hurt very badly.

i changed my mind and Home Depot and went with 1" with 1-1/2" sleeves. Next promblem is my mega tree is a 2" pole. Needa find a 2-1/4" sleeve to bury in the groin for itThat will hurt very badly.
what do u mean it will hurt

Lol I seen it now. Damn I phone

Got the tree figured out one more project to go. Figure out how to build my flat pixel tree lol. Without aluminum n stuff thinking a tall 4x4 post and a 2x6 at top to attach strings to pull an to ground stake

Let me know how many stings you need for the sleeves I was gonna do my driveway arches next year

Edited by ericm

• 3 weeks later...

Let me know how many stings you need for the sleeves I was gonna do my driveway arches next year

one 51" sleeve made out of 1-1/2 ove took 5 strands of 70. This is gonna take a to. Of lights. Gonna be roughly 9800 lights to do all four arches