Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation question

Gr8wthntr

I have just created my first animation for a sequence, I have other sequences that don't have an animation. My question is, can I save the animation I created and apply it to all of my other sequences? I have all of the same channels in the sequences, they are not is same order for each sequence.

Thank you 

Yes, you can. Export it, then import into the other sequences. This will also keep the channel line-up the same for all sequences.

Thanks, will I have to move all of the channels in the other sequences to match the animation I created?

If you import it. But you want all your sequences to have the same channel configuration/animation.

I am confused.

Do you want to transfer your channel configuration or your animation?

If it's your animation just highlight the area you want & copy. Then go to the area in your new sequence where you want the animation & paste.

If you take one of your sequences, make sure your channels are configured as you want all the others to match, you can do this on any sequence. WIth that sequence, make sure your Animation Screen is as you want it to be.

When you export your channel configuration, everything is exported. Your channels, and your animation.

You have to fully understand how the Channel Import works. It is completely dumb. I just goes from top to bottom. So you need to make sure if you are doing this on any legacy sequences, if you have moved channels around, your Import go from top to bottom with no understanding that you moved a channel. 

Hopefully that makes sense. 

.. and Mike's question is Why are you using the Animator and not the Visualizer?

Because with over a couple hundred channels and using LOR since 2005, the Animator still works for me. Not worth recreating the wheel when I get the same results IMHO.

• Like 1

+1 on Santa's Helper.

My display layout being a corner lot with an acre of land, and vignettes strewn all over the yard, does not lend itself to the Visualizer.

Duh.

Disreguard my first post. After rereading the OP I realize it's the animation window he was talking about not a animation sequence! :blink:

Sometimes what I read doesn't match what I'm thinking!!

My display layout being a corner lot with an acre of land, and vignettes strewn all over the yard, does not lend itself to the Visualizer.

And that's a good reason to keep the animator as well Mark. Glad LOR keeps both options open there.

zman, you were right, I had to move channels around in the sequence editor. Then the import worked perfectly.

Unfortunately I have a ton of legacy stuff in my sequences, so my first go round of updating the sequences for the new Season is always very intensive, because I usually add channels in the middle of the sequence, which most know, as a no, no. I have a very methodical way of doing that, and have a ton of spacer channels between vignettes to assist with checking alignment etc.... I would never recommend importing like I do to a newbie.

Glad it worked out for you.