Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom LOR GUI

tjschroeder17

Hi all! So I've been developing this idea to create a "touch screen" GUI to make some repetitive tasks in LOR a little easier. I've looked into all kinds of automation programs, but my idea is too simple to justify buying any software.

My idea is to create a custom wallpaper for my show computer, that has "buttons" to accomplish different tasks. For example: start/stop announcement MP3 that runs before and after shows, raise/lower PC volume, enable/disable LOR. After setting this static image as my wallpaper on the show computer, I'm dropping batch files in their respective "button" on the fake touch-screen interface. Check out my attachment if that didn't make sense. You will then be able to accomplish each task by clicking on the batch file in each "button."

However, I'm stuck at how to make a batch file that will enable LOR and disable LOR. Eventually, I'd like to be able to cue specific songs by clicking their batch file, but for now, I'm okay with simply having buttons to enable and disable LOR.

What do you all think? Has anyone done something like this before?

I was inspired by the Crestron touch screens that we use at work, so I'm putting my skills to the test!

Thanks in advance for any input!

Note: "Muzak" is the term I've given to the announcement MP3 that runs before and after shows.

post-9055-0-32091000-1444227454_thumb.jp

Edited by tjschroeder17

Thanks  for the plug Steven.    I can show you around miip if you like tjschroeder17.     To answer your question.    I have not been able to figure out how to disable the show either.  However..  to simulate nothing playing,  you can have a one song show of silence and no events.  LOR plays this silent song fine and it seems like nothing is turned on.    If the silent song is short, then you can then cause a song to play very quickly by replacing the show file.  LOR detects the change and plays in a loop.  After it starts playing you will need to replace it with silence again or it will repeat.