Light-O-Rama Forums

Floating windows - trouble with play back

steve synek

When I use floating windows, my morphs are not showing correctly on the visualization screen. I am using 4.2.2.   Am I doing something wrong. Either nothing shows when playing or I am getting instant solid colors in the area with the morph. If I uncheck floating windows, the visualization shows the correct programming.

Steve

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Sounds like a bug. Are these a particular kind of morph? Do all morphs mess up? I want to try to duplicate the problem. 

I have seen what I think is the same issue. I turned off floating windows then reopened it and it resolved. Not exactly sure of the circumstances or if I can reproduce the issue. I think it occurred when I had the viz screen on my second monitor.

I tried to find a common cause and could not find one.  I made some new morphs, I tried shutting down the computer and do a restart.  The problem still appeared.  I will try the update later today and get back with an update. 

Edited by steve synek

This sounds like my issue that Brian and I worked on.

To verify, open the superstar sequence and do not open floating windows. See if it works.

If it does, then try it with floating windows. If it does not work there, then this is the problem I had. Brian corrected that.

For me, the morphs were created using the visualizer screen and not the grid. My grid created morphs worked fine.

I have not updated to 4.2.4 as Brian gave me the corrected ss file directly. I do plan on upgrading and testing later....but I bet that my ss file is the same as the 4.2.4 file....

Yes, v0.1509.28 should have all the "floating windows" fixes in it. Steve Synek, if you still have problems after updating let me know. I want to fix it in beta before it gets released.

Sorry Brian, haven't taken a moment to upgrade to the latest version.............I will get it done this weekend.  I am a procrastinator.....and sequencing is one of my best things to put off till tomorrow!!!  For sure I will have this done by the week of Thanksgiving.............just kidding.

Steve

I can confirm, my issue with floating windows has gone away with the most current updated software.  Being able to resize and relocate those windows is a great feature.  

Thanks Sax, I use super star for programming my entire display and didn't realize you could do a morph on the grid- or at least, I forgot about that feature as I am not programming a tree.  I was only creating them on the visualization. This information will allow me to add some different looks. 

Brian, still on my wish list is smooth effects on the visualization..........................

Steve 

Edited by steve synek

Glad the issue went away with the most recent release.

Yes, I would like to see smooth effects on the visualization as well. Hopefully I can do that next year.