Light-O-Rama Forums

Missing Fonts in SuperStar

jamills706

When I click on the Font Tool in the toolbar, the list off fonts to choose from is completely empty and the text box where I suspect the chosen font name appears (just above the font list box) contains the name "8X8-8 Thin".

I looked on the hard drive in the Fonts ffoder inside SuperStar's folder and it is full off font files.

Again, probably some sort of newbie stupidity going on in my head...butt I would appreciate any help or tips anyone might offer.

[by the way - My fist show is progressing wonderfully thanks to all of the help people here have given on my previous couple of questions!!!! I expect to install my Halloween matrix show up sometime this week.]

Usually that problem is because there are no fonts in the font directory. After an install, the first time you launch the sequence editor it prompts you to confirm where you want your lightorama folder to be. And after telling it, it loads in various things, one of them being the superstar font files.

But in your case you say the font files are there, so I suspect that superstar thinks your lightorama folder is somewhere different than where you see the font files. If you click on File and select "Import Visualization Pair" then in the dialog box that comes up it shows the complete path to the Visualizer folder. From looking at that you should be able to see where superstar thinks your lightorama folder is.

Also, click on the Tools menu and select "Instant Sequence", do you see the themes in the theme list boxes? Because when it can't find the fonts, usually it can't find the themes for Instant Sequence either.

Where do you have your lightorama folder?

The Import Visualization Pair seems to be looking at my Desktop...There is a Gold Star titled LightORama on my Desktop which contains all aliases to the programs (at least on a Mac we call them Aliases...not sure about Windows term).

The themes DO show up in Instant Sequence.

The LightORama Folder is in my My Documents Folder.

Shut down superstar and try running LORPost.exe. it will ask you where you want your lightorama folder. It should be at one of the following two locations:

c:// Program Files / Light-O-Rama

c:// Program Files (x86) / Light-O-Rama

When you find LORPost.exe double click on it to run it.

After running LORPost.exe try launcing superstar and see if the font files are there.

Also, what version of superstar are you running?

I am using 4.1.2.

That fixed it........running the LORPost,exe I mean.

Thanks for that!!!!!!

In running that program I found that while I had a Fonts folder full of fonts it was not in a location that SuperStar (and LOR) expected to find it based on the initial install location.

Simple fix! Thanks, again, to Brian for the quick help with this!!!!!

Edited by jamills706