Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral Mega Tree

pilot2star2002

Hello Everybody!

I have read a lot on the spiral tree and I want to turn my standard mega tree into one this year. The only thing I can not find on it is does a standard sequence need to be tweeted for the tree to look good? Or can I use all the same songs and just turn my tree into a spiral tree?

I appreciate all of the help from all of the fellow LOR!

Hello Everybody!

I have read a lot on the spiral tree and I want to turn my standard mega tree into one this year. The only thing I can not find on it is does a standard sequence need to be tweeted for the tree to look good? Or can I use all the same songs and just turn my tree into a spiral tree?

I appreciate all of the help from all of the fellow LOR!

I can't say for sure since I've never had a Twitter account, but I've never tweeted any sequences and my spiral tree looks great.

In a pinch you could use the same sequencing from a boring straight-line mega tree on an exciting spiral tree. There would likely be places where it looks goofy though. A spiral tree looks way different when it fills, for example, than does a straight tree. Also you can use opposing channels to much greater effect. You're gonna like it.

it should look good... e mail me and I will send you a 16 channel lee file so you can get an idea how it will look with what you have.. You didnt say how many channels you are running on it.

My spiral tree is about 12 ft tall and I run 2 channels with two colors, multi color and blue. 

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

a boring straight-line mega tree on an exciting spiral tree.

If we are comparing straight line to spiral as boring, then lets compare spiral to pixel tree. Now the spiral is boring.  :P

it should look good... e mail me and I will send you a 16 channel lee file so you can get an idea how it will look with what you have.. You didnt say how many channels you are running on it.

My spiral tree is about 12 ft tall and I run 2 channels with two colors, multi color and blue. 

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Think Chuck means 2 controllers. I'm 99% sure he has 16 channels each of the 2 colors...

If we are comparing straight line to spiral as boring, then lets compare spiral to pixel tree. Now the spiral is boring.  :P

If we're comparing 16 channels to 16 channels your argument is toast. Heck, I'll even give you 16 pixels. It's still toast.  -_-

We're not comparing to channels George. Channels wasn't the original topic, just the trees in general as previously mentioned.

Heck you can even compare size, but that wasn't mentioned either.

So my argument is not toast. :)

Edited by Santas Helper

... Heck you can even compare size, but that wasn't mentioned either.

Fine, we can talk size. Always seems to boil down to that in discussions amongst men ...

When fully erect, my spiral tree tops out at 10'. Now if we call Jimmy Johnson and "Extend" it the entire length of the strands, that would make it quite a bit bigger.

But then, we all know it's not the size of your tree that matters most, but rather how you use it. :ph34r:

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 2

nope,,, I use 1 controller... 16 channels into two different colors on my tree...

Same one that is in my videos on  you tube... total count is 16 channels 8 for multi color and 8 channels for the blue..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw/videos

nope,,, I use 1 controller... 16 channels into two different colors on my tree...

Same one that is in my videos on  you tube... total count is 16 channels 8 for multi color and 8 channels for the blue..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw/videos

I knew it was more than 2 channels....