Light-O-Rama Forums

I Tunes

Guest guest

Craig,

In Steven Jobs' infinite marketing wisdom, he decided to have ITunes use their proprietary M4P format, which LOR does not accept. You will have to convert them to MP3 or .wav

Charles

Is there a program you can get to convert the files. Plus I can't even get them out of the ITunes folder. When I go to the destination that it says they are in, it is a folder with nothing inside.

First of all, you have to burn a cd if using purchased music from the music store.(to un-protect the files)
Now, after the burning is done, go to edit-preferences-advanced-importing-import using-select wav encoder. DO NOT SELECT MP3 ENCODER. The reason(s) for this are that when playing the song in sequence editor in slow-mo or fast-mo, the music is not in sync with the sequence. Also, on my (speedy) machine, the tapper would not work with mp3's from the itunes music library.(long story)
Now, click ok. Insert the cd. Wait for the cd to load in iTunes. now, click import and let the files import.
Now, in LOR, go to My docs-my music-itunes-itunes music-itunes library-and pull the new files off of there.

It should work now.

Hopefully this helps.

Greg

You can either do that, or you can do what I did...

Burn the cd with iTunes and Rip it back to your hard drive with Windows Media Player... The rip will put it into mp3 mode.

Then, for better performance, you should use Audacity, or some other audio editing program to convert it to a .wav file.

I do it like EAB does it as well. Download, burn to a CD, and then rip back to your hard drive and convert using Audacity to .wav.

Good luck! Is it November yet? :smile: Ready to put up some lights.

Brian

Charles Belcher wrote:

Craig,

In Steven Jobs' infinite marketing wisdom, he decided to have ITunes use their proprietary M4P format

Don't diss his wisdom -- iTunes has 80% of the downloadble music market share currently. Everyone else combined has only 20%-- and if anything this ratio is changing in Apple's favor...

-Tim