Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes questions

Daneisenberg

How do you guys put strobes on your mega tree? Do u hang them down the middle of the metal pole or wrap it on the outside of the lights? Also how far apart from each other and how many strobes is a good number for a 10 foot mega tree?

20' mega tree, i used about 12-14. I ran C9 stringer all around the inside, and try to make sure there is at least 2 low on the outsides, 2 mid on the outsides, and 1 high and center, and the rest spread evenly around with a little bit of depth. I'm relatively sparse with my strobes though, compared to others I've seen.

Edited by Stephen Blue

33' mega tree. About 20 or so of them on three different strands connected together. Using a pulley, I hoist all three strands up from the center to the top. Then I take each strand and drape them around on the outside of the light strands in a random pattern. Probably adding another 10 more or so this year.

So far, each year I've been in this hobby I've succeeded at convincing both myself and Sharon that I need more strobes. (Although I admit to once or twice waiting until the strobes were shipped before describing to Sharon my need for them.) Thank God she's never seen them all in one place or ever asked me just how many we actually have.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

I had 200 last year and felt it didn't give enough " pop " going to try 500 this year...

This is my first year but on a 13 foot mini mega tree I am using 25 strobes.  Just using a regular C9 string.    Luckily I do not have a wife to answer to so I can spend as I please.  :rolleyes:

I had 200 last year and felt it didn't give enough " pop " going to try 500 this year...

I really don't know how many we've got, but including the colored ones it has to be north of 400 by now. I've got about 30 strobe channels across both yards. Each year I hope it finally crosses whatever visual threshold I'm waiting for. I'm hoping this is finally the year, because I'm getting tired of buying C9 sockets all the time.

• Like 2