Light-O-Rama Forums

Ideas on how to sequence a moving wheel

seriouslylosingit

So, late in the game, I am "adding" props......again..........I was at a garage sale this weekend and I had a crazy idea(what's new?).... I found an old bike and I thought I could set it up in the yard and have a skeleton "riding" it for Halloween..

I am using rgb and would like to have the wheels appear like they are spinning.  I know there are some incandescent strings that have a chase feature built in, but I would like to sequence this on one rgb channel.  Is there a way to do this?  I have set up the chase feature on multiple channels, but not on one single. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

R

Yes I do, but I have never used it... I guess I am not afraid to get my feet wet... Maybe this is a good time for that..

I think it can be done with a mouph or scenes. There might be a circle in the visualizer that you can use to create the circles. I know it has a number of shapes.

I only have dumb strips and some floods and manage to stay relatively lost with that. I am really lost with the thought of sequencing pixels...that is WAAAAAY above my pay grade for the time being... LOL!!! In the future....maybe...

I just tried by using a morph and it did pretty good. I imported a visualization from the samples (four circles) and started in the first grid box (left click mouse (1a) then found the end box and right click)). That gave me half the circle. Then found the other row and did the same thing and copied and pasted to keep it going. I didn't do anything fancy by trying to change the grid. But it works fine. If you run into  problems, go to the superstar forum here and Brain normally will be checking at forum and could help guide you.

Thanks indi.. I will let you know how "green" I am by saying I have no idea what a "morph" is... I've seen the word, just have no clue as to the context...LOL!

Can't help now as I have to go to a meeting. But in Superstar in the tool tab you will see morph. Click on that and it will open up the morph window.

If your using dumb strips you would have to cut the strip into segments to go around the wheel you have 8 RGB channels. If you put eight segments around each wheel and combined the front and rear wheels so each channel would control one segment of the front and one segment of rear wheel you would get the effect of the wheel spinning

So I just went to try and find a circle in superstar.... Holy moly....I think I might go with the chaser lights for now...unless someone can explain how to "simply" create a circle.....

Yep! As Mr. Laff said. Cutting into segments is about the only way with dump rgb's. Dumb rgb's can control the whole string. Smart rgb's you can controllers each segment or pixel.

What you are wanting to do, can be done, but you would have to cut each segment apart and wire it dack to the controller. A lot of soldering to do in a short time frame.