Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB colors

movieman4

Hi , this is my second year with light o rama and my first year using rgb floots.

I am from the Netherlands so we use 230V ac.

when i program blue with the color fade tool the floot wil turn blue.

same with red and green and yellow and purple.

But when i want to start with yellow and turn it to blue using the colorfade tool it will start yellow for like a half a second and then turn white.

it seems like i cannot fade.

I use the CMB24D card with 1 floot also bought at light o rama,

I use a 230V ac to 12V dc convertor 100W for power supply.

can someone please help me?

no , thats not the problem , it is not possible to have the color fade tool and the on tool at the same time , i can see the color going from yellow to blue in my sequence.

i made a sequence with the colorfade tool for about 19 seconds to go from yellow to blue.

then i made a show of it and let it play , the floot starts yellow for a half a second and then turn white the rest of the time.

Are you opening the 3 RGB channels and applying the fade? Usually when they're turning white it's because a fade was applied with the 3 RGB channels closed and LOR faded across the board, losing the set color because all 3 RGB channels on produce white.

i do not know exactly what you mean but i have set the board to unit 5 and applied the rgb floot to channel 13-14-15.

in the sequence where i am used the fade tool was also set to unit 05 channel 13-14-15

i see in my sequence that i made 3 rgb channels for testing but only 1 floodlight was attached to the board.

can that be the problem?

yes i know , but i mean:

in the sequence:

1 rbb unit 5 channel 1-2-3

1 rgb unit 5 channel 4-5-6

1 rgb unit 5 channel 13-14-15

the flood is attached to channel 13-14-15 but in the other 2 channels i had a rgb sequence too.

the first 6 channels are no lights attached.

could that be the problem?

yes i know , but i mean:

in the sequence:

1 rbb unit 5 channel 1-2-3

1 rgb unit 5 channel 4-5-6

1 rgb unit 5 channel 13-14-15

the flood is attached to channel 13-14-15 but in the other 2 channels i had a rgb sequence too.

the first 6 channels are no lights attached.

could that be the problem?

I doubt it but you could hook those up to see if you get same results.

when you email k6ccc, include a screen shot of your rgb channel expanded so he can see the DMX channels and effects.

ok , i tried it now from red to blue becourse that are both dark colours.

it worked but not as smoot as i was thinking it would be.

it goes from red to a kind of purple and then suddenly turns blue.

is this normal?

Yes, it is going to go purple in between because as the red starts fading down and the blue starts fading up, you get variations of purple.  Kind of the laws of physics involved.  It's more obvious on a slow fade.

That is likely what you are seeing on you yellow to blue fade.  Remember that yellow is red and green, so when the blue starts fading up, you have some variation of all three of the primary colors which results in white.  Again, more of an issue with a slow fade.  Might improve by starting to fade the red and green down and then later start bringing up the blue.

One of the things that can make this worse is that the dimming curve for LEDs is not perceived by the human eye as linear.  The problem is actually in the eye, not the LEDs.  The result is that the lights appear brighter at low levels.  This can effect colors involving low levels.