Light-O-Rama Forums

Holidaycoro PixNode Strips ?

Box on Rails

Is anybody using these strips to mount your pixels on your house? I have mounted these around my windows and attached them to the house with nails. I am looking for another method that will allow for the expansion of the strip. These strips, when sitting in the sun, expands a lot and they start sagging. it looks bad and defeats the purpose of the strip. Keeping the pixels straight with perfect spacing. anyone got an idea?

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/767-1-offspec3.htm

I have never played with those strips, but if you put them under tension, you might be able to use a variation of how electric trains keep the trolley wire tensioned.

At the end of the strip, have a cable or rope connected that goes over a pulley and the to a weight.  That will allow the strip to move a little and still be under the same tension.  Have the strip anchored at one end and any mid span supports set up to allow the strip to move a little.  For example a nail or screw holding a small pulley and the strip rides on top of the pulley.  There is the concept,I'll let you figure out the details.

Great Ideas guys. I might try the wire through the small holes and use a turn buckle on one end to keep it tight. These strips are really great with that one exception but I knew you guys would come up with a cure.  :)

What I did for those strips was ( a halloween spiderweb ) take 1" pvc and make a 1/2'' slice through the pipe. Then I set the strips inside, if nothing else just to hide the wires. Worked out great for me

The idea for a spring on the end to hold some tension would solve the issue, bungie cord or something like that.  What they are using for mega trees and the expansion would loosen the pull a bit, when they contract a certain length would be maintained.