Light-O-Rama Forums

How to fix Christmas lights around outside windows without hole

micheleboato

Nope, no ledge on the outside.  The clips are cool, but still require you to drill the clips into the window frame.  Wife isn't fond of that idea...

I build my pvc frames that match the window, but have legs that go to the ground.  This takes the weight off.  Then I use those 1" square plastic things that are found next to the zip ties at lowes.  It sticks to the window after you remove the film from the back.  Then a zip tie runs through the top side and around the pvc.  Wish I knew what they were called, but dirt cheap and super handy.

I tried copying the link, but it won't let me for some reason.  On the lowes website I searched zip ties, the plastic mount pad is about half way down the screen.

Edited by drivemewilder

If I had a few pictures of the windows you're working with plus some idea of the climate that you have such as are you further down south? Maybe I or someone else might be able to help you further. House windows are constructed in so many different ways there are so many variables it's hard to give you any direction.

... I use those 1" square plastic things that are found next to the zip ties at lowes.  It sticks to the window after you remove the film from the back.  Then a zip tie runs through the top side and around the pvc.  Wish I knew what they were called, .....

It's just plainly called a tie-wrap mounting base.

Contractors call them by their technical name "sticky-backs".

Note to all. The OP is from Italy..

Leroy Merlin stores are like Lowes. OP should be able to find them there.