Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the right time to start setting up for Halloween...

canadianchristmas

Hi everyone, I bring this question up because last year i was putting lighting on the house already, This year I am thinking to wait until September 25 (if I can  :D) This brings me to my question when do you start setting up your halloween light shows and how early is too early?

I have had some flood lights set up for a few weeks now.  I set a few other things up temporarily this weekend to get a visual from the street and took them down.  My plan is to start the show October 1st.  So things will likely stay in the yard starting this weekend.

We shoot for starting the show the first or second weekend in October. Since Halloween setup includes a lot of the infrastructure for Christmas I've been putting out controllers and hanging obscure stuff the last couple weekends. This weekend we'll start wrapping scrubs with lights and maybe move on to the more visible stuff like blow molds.

Thinking back to my first year, I was still setting up Oct 31st, ran the show that night, lights put away the next day. Of course, this being Florida, the damn grass is still growing at Christmas.

Will start setting up small stuff this weekend. Will put out the Red Queen Matrix and big stuff after I return from vacation on the 15th.

(unless I feel she will survive without me, but it's scary)

If I'm going to put the $ and times into a halloween display, it's going to run the entire month of Oct.

I expanded house display tremendously this year and just started some setup this week.

Have been working on sequencing and building display elements since mid week.  Could have waited part of another week to start setup but really anioux to see it come to life.

Did a test run of what I set up so far and was standing on driveway while it was raining, with a big smile on my fac10:59 AM 9/24/2015e.

If I put anything out any time before the week of Halloween people would think I am crazy.

Most people have a pumpkin out for one night, a few may do three nights.

Here in the UK we don't celebrate Halloween as much.

We're putting Halloween decorations and lights up the weekend before Halloween and run it the whole week.  My perception is that most peeps don't really drive around looking for and watching Halloween displays much before the actual holiday, only on the night they Trick 'O' Treat.  It's more traditional @ Christmas time to drive around and look at lights and displays before the holiday, during and afterwards till New Years.

I am already putting up Christmas stuff....

I told my neighbors it was for Halloween. Does That Count?...

Kinda a mix but I dont think they believed me when I said my multicolored lights were for Halloween..

Really... I get some snuck in early to save time later..  

I will prob light mine up other then just for testing about 1 week before Halloween...

Like some others said... not many people drive around looking for Halloween displays more then a week before...

Actually I do mostly a grave yard scene with ghosts etc. and lightening flashs etc, static light pumpkins, skulls etc. and Just kinda am going to include my singing Christmas trees this year but with just a add on different outline and see what happens.

Unless that is you live on a really busy street with a lot of traffic on it.