Light-O-Rama Forums

Alternative to tradition halloween lights?

Tj123456780

Hello everyone!

So the story is, I am 16 and my dad and I have been doing light o rama shows for about two years now. We have a 64 channel setup with 3 singing pumpkin faces. Bottom line is, since my dad isn't here to do it with me anymore, I know I'm going to have trouble putting up halloween lights. I know that I will be able to put most of the extras and stuff on the ground out along with the singing faces, but my main worry is the lights that go across our roof. First of all, I don't have a big enough ladder to reach my roof and second, even if I did I still don't know if I'd be able to do it. So I was wondering if anybody had alternatives to the traditional halloween lights across the roof? I was thinking about using the lights that I put on my roof for something else, but I have no ideas. I was also thinking about rgb spotlights and pointing them at the house but considering I haven't seen many people do that, I'm guessing it's a pretty tough task. Or then again do you all think I should just leave out roof lights and just have the singing faces and ground items?

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

They are the 10watt rgb floods from lor. The 8 pack.

I just checked and they're on backorder right now so I have no clue when they'll be available, thanks for the suggestion though! I'll keeping checking back there to see if they become available soon. It looks great on your house!

I just checked and they're on backorder right now so I have no clue when they'll be available, thanks for the suggestion though! I'll keeping checking back there to see if they become available soon. It looks great on your house!

If you really want them now, might try a couple of LOR's certified partners. Don might have some at Synchronized Christmas or Wowlights has some and have an assembled controller too.

https://synchronized.christmas

http://www.wowlights.com/ProductListSub.asp?Category=35

I like the 50 watt RGB's. The controller is built into it.

http://store.lightorama.com/hipo50wrgbfl.html

Good luck.

Edited by Mega Arch

Many years ago, I use to string lights on both stories of my house.  PITA and challenging when doing the second story. Got out of doing much lighting for a number of years and and back into last yer with LOR.

I had/have a 4 or so year plan to get where I want to be.  I'm pushing 60 and it includes doing very little lighting above the first floor.   I can do so much with the first floor and out in the yard, that it's not worth the hazard  in going highter. Down the road, will hand a larger pixel wreath between 2 second story window and call it good for 2nd story.

While the look/feel of the display is goal 1, easee of setup/takedown is 2nd and that mean keeping my butt  as close to the ground as possible.
If you want to go up to the second story, maybe concentrate on a few dedication light elements that can be installed fairly quickly and doesn't involve a lot of light stringing high off the ground.

BTW 75readman, really nice use of floods.

I'm adding 8 this year to the porch and garage and really excited to see how it looks. Anywhere near you're and I'll be a real happy.

Nice use of floods, gives a better idea how they cover. You had 5 lights mounted on the eves, what were those?

TJ - is it possible that what ever you dad used to attach the lights go the roof are still on the roof? Maybe it's a matter of just clipping the lights back into place??

Nice use of floods, gives a better idea how they cover. You had 5 lights mounted on the eves, what were those?

They are just the regular  100watt red flood light you can get at Home Depot.

Almost all my stuff is on the ground except a few floods that are on the lower part of the roof.

75redman, I sent you a PM. Please respond. Thanks!